Tie Fighter blows up after entering the hangar

by backpainnow

Original Post

Re: Tie Fighter blows up after entering the hangar

★ Guide

And yet gaming is riddled with things like this.

And remember that it got past storyboard, development and testing and NO ONE said that it was garbage.

My solution was - as others have said - turn down to easy, strafe left and right and just spam fire.

You need to take out the soldiers as quickly as as they are what destroy you and then whatever is in the hanger.

Before reading all this I was sitting there thinking 'what the ******** am I supposed to do?'

Message 81 of 94 (2,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@backpainnow Well, I had the same problem, but I learned that you have to destroy every ship in the hangar for the cutscene to trigger. That would be, the xwing that's taking off, two parked xwings and an A-wing. forget about the troopers, just get those ships and you should start the landing sequence. Hope it helps!
Message 82 of 94 (2,251 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, I died a dozen times before I gave up and googled that you could apparently strafe.

Not particularly intuitive and something they should fix, by either adding a tooltip or have there be fewer soldiers. A weird and confusing difficulty spike

Managed to do it without going down in difficulty by clearing all the soldiers first while constantly strafing, though it was fairly close.

Another thing that also made it more difficult was just how slowly the mouse moved when trying to target the enemies.

Message 83 of 94 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Couple of other things to keep in mind, the cut scene will start after shooting most of the people and all of the ships, but some soldiers can still be alive and will continue to shoot the ship. Trick is to leave the last xwing on the right hand side until you have killed everything else. Also remember you have a torpedo that can be used to take out the xwing that is taking off. And yes it took me a whole bunch of tries to get it right on max diff, and it was the loading time that annoyed me on each retry.

Message 84 of 94 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay so I figured out how to get past it and it's really stupid. Jack your fighter sensitivity to max because the main issue is the game outright preventing you from moving your cross-hair to fire at the people directly below, where most of the shredding is done. It also helps to dump your laser barrage on the fight leaving and the proton missile in the center.

I know Play testing is a joke but come on EA you seriously couldn't just keep the enemies back enough to aim at instead of hoping they will back up.

Message 85 of 94 (1,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2021-03-14

On the PC the switching difficulty modes does NOT work. The cut-scene will not launch, so after a few seconds that only thing you can do is blow up in your Tie-Fighter.

This needs to be PATCHED to be fixed.

Message 86 of 94 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I managed to get in and survive, use a torpedo on the x-wing, and use the fast shooting 'e' and the ground enemys and try the escape fire by going left and right.

Message 87 of 94 (1,141 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah the AI that kills us because we are stuck in a tractor beam that we can't get out of. We get pulled into the hanger and then can't move and get killed no matter which difficulty it is on this happens. 

People are saying switch the difficulty and that fixes it. That doesn't do anything at all!! I have tried switching from hard to medium to easy and none of these difficulties work any different from one to the next.

A tractor beam pulls you into the hanger bay

An xwing is taking off you can kill it or leave it alone either way everything shoots at you and you die. 
there are men in the hanger that you can't aim at you shoot you down while you are just stuck hovering there in the middle and not landing. 

I've tried shooting everything I bloody well can, i have tried not shooting anything. I have tried only shooting the xwing. i have tried leaving the xwing alone, I have tried restarting the game, restarting the mission. nothing works.

Is there a console command to skip to the next level? Cause if not the game isn't worth even keeping installed. 

Message 88 of 94 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@-ASV-PEves- Yup, I understand ur frustration. I wonder if ever anyone from the EA did try to play this. I managed to get through this, and I believe the solution was to blow up all the ships in the hangar. Not sure tho, and I don't care any more.
Message 89 of 94 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just set it to easy then change it back once you've landed 

Message 90 of 94 (678 Views)