Tiberian Dawn graphics "glitch"?

by MrAngeloD31

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tiberian Dawn graphics "glitch"?

★★★ Newbie

So i bought the remastered collection on steam. Red Alert works perfectly so far. However, in Tiberian Dawn, while i go into a mission the graphics are the Legacy by default. They do change to remastered if i press the assigned key (default Space) but in order to keep this setting i need to keep pressing the button. It doesn't toggle the graphics permanantelly as they are in Red Alert. 

Already checked files from steam and it keeps doing the same. Is it just me or is it the way the game was created?

Message 1 of 3 (523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tiberian Dawn graphics "glitch"?

Hero
@MrAngeloD31 There's some bug with the hotkeys that could cause some error where some keys activate both when pressing it, and again when releasing it.

Resetting the keys solves the problem, and in fact you should perfectly be able to re-customise your keys after doing that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (460 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Nevermind, i figured it out. Seems there is a bug when you change the key bindings. I changed the keys before i started playing, thus the game would only work with its classic graphics. Reverting the keys to default fixes the bug. So playing a mission and after that changing the key bindings allows you to use whatever keys youw ant without losing the remamstered graphics while in game.

Message 2 of 3 (475 Views)

Hero
@MrAngeloD31 There's some bug with the hotkeys that could cause some error where some keys activate both when pressing it, and again when releasing it.

Resetting the keys solves the problem, and in fact you should perfectly be able to re-customise your keys after doing that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 3 (461 Views)