Re: Thrustmaster TMX not working after January update

by ricoghardforth2

Original Post

Thrustmaster TMX not working after January update

★★★ Newbie

I'm on PC, and I can't get my wheel working. I have a Thrustmaster TMX, which is clearly listed as a supported wheel, but the game just thinks it's a XBox controller, and somehow all the buttons are changed, e.g. "RB" (the right shifting paddle) is recognized as "A", even in the start menu.

In the game settings it doesn't show the wheel options either, but I HAVE downoaded the january update. I've already tried re-installing my drivers, and in other racing games it's working fine, but somehow it's still not working in NFS Heat. Do you hav any idea how I could possibly fix that?

Message 1 of 12 (3,876 Views)

★ Novice

still not working

Message 2 of 12 (3,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DirtieDeeds66 Any Idea how to fix it?
Message 3 of 12 (3,813 Views)

Community Manager

@Strucx @DirtieDeeds66 

Have you guys installed Logitech G Hub? ->

For PC players: Please make sure to install the Logitech G Hub, regardless of the wheel manufacturer and model you are using.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Need-for-Speed-Heat-January-Update-Update-Notes/td-p/86...

barry.png
Message 4 of 12 (3,794 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a logitech g920 and have logitech ghub installed. The game doesn't recognize there is a steering wheel connected

Message 5 of 12 (3,782 Views)

Community Manager

@elbocha_07 

Disconnect any other USB devices, controllers, outboard drives etc. and retry.

Let us know how that goes, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 12 (3,753 Views)

Wheel Support Broken| No Controller configuration?

★★★ Newbie

Wheel Support Broken| No Controller configuration?.So I was glad to hear that NFS heat had wheel support. Well I was very disappointed to discover that while claiming to have wheel support on PC for the thrustmaster tmx, its hard to put it any other way than I was lied to. It just doesn't work, all bindings are completely wrong. The game thinks that the pedals are sticks, and all buttons the pad are incorrectly bound. I thought I could just switch the controller type to wheel, but I cannot even switch the type, or the bindings, which in its own right is ridiculous. I want to play and enjoy this game but please fix this wheel support.

Message 7 of 12 (3,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So i have the Thrustmaster TMX Pro And When i get in the game, as soon as i press anything on the steering wheel for some reason the game acts like im pressing the down arrow all the time.

Also when i go to Options and controlls i dont see any Steering wheel options, i only see my Xbox controller. Why??

I saw that the TMX is supported so i really dont know why the game doesnt work with the wheel!

Also... umm if the game says it supports the thrustmaster wheel isnt Just illogical and bad to want to install extra software from a dfferent company To Work??

I mean how is this called "Wheel support"

Here is the Video that i show you the problem:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhI3PcyyIbjhj-N_qfbIUtazPqMRHg?e=EdFEbM

Message 8 of 12 (3,510 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem TThrustmaster t150.  When I connect the wheel for some reason navigation the menue stops working and I can't get into settings.  Streering is sort of working some buttons do do thing but accelerators not working but can't get to settings once i have it connected.  Will try the g hub software tonight.

Message 9 of 12 (3,414 Views)

thrustmaster TMX problem (HELP)

★★★ Newbie

HI EA and anyone

Problem is EA Desktop beta and Need for speed Heat, i have thrustmaster TMX (Steering wheel). i downloaded latest driver, firmware and software. TMX is not recognized during NFS Heat Game. BUT!! i have xbox one controller is working... Please Help solve with thrustmaster tmx. (not pro).

I downloaded Forza 4 game has no problem..

Message 10 of 12 (3,168 Views)