Freezing mid game since the most recent update

by W1ZK1D803

Original Post

Re: Apex causes PC freezes/CTDs

★★★ Novice

Edit: I tried the following steps now and I think solved the problem:

Exclude all friends with strange characters in the name on Steam and Origin, and excluded more in Origin so I have less than 300 friends counting Steam and Origin toghether.

The freeze seems to be gone now. I'll reply if it crash again.

Message 241 of 340 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent is tis problem fixed i cant play ranked im getting penalty all the time and losing the points i gained what is going on with this crashes can we be helped and heard!!!!!
Message 242 of 340 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

As well always I'm restarting game when the game is finished I'm not in the same game mode than the older one

Message 243 of 340 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

What's the story on this?? Ranked is completely unplayable with this bug, I've lost a pile of RP due to random freezes.

Message 244 of 340 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this trouble. Ita completely unplayable.

I am also noticing teammates are disconnecting very frequently. This all has happened with the new updated. It ia definitely not my hardware. Something in the client. Please fix this.

Message 245 of 340 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Kent I found this screen error after a processor crash at the end of the clip wish this will help https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentCalmSalmonSpicyBoy
And here is another clip after experiencing freezes. At the end of the clip https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueTriumphantPorpoiseTBCheesePull

Message 246 of 340 (1,038 Views)

Re: Apex Legends STILL constantly crashing after the Fight Night Update Jan, 202

★ Apprentice
@Konform103 thanks for the trello link. I'll check that once a week to see how it's going.

Agreed, post update bugs plague any and all games. It would be a frustrating time for devs when stuff blows up. I completely empathise.

But to break the game almost every update for a large chunk of the community.
I just don't think that's acceptable this far into the games launch.
There's definitely going to be bugs now and them. Sometimes they'll break the game.
But its almost every update at the moment. I haven't been to play consistently in months due to some glitch or problem ongoing with a recent update.

Then there is the lack of an official response to this especially considering in the background on social media like reddit and twitter as well as their own forums here.
It looks to be pretty widespread.

I'm assuming you haven't officially heard of an update this week or next week?
That's just your own assumption as well correct?
Message 247 of 340 (783 Views)

Re: Apex Legends STILL constantly crashing after the Fight Night Update Jan, 202

★ Pro
@MisterReeeee the guy that is running the trello works at respawn and he commented on a streamer that uploaded a live apex crash on twitter.. he responded that he just came out of a meeting @respawn trying to discuss the issue of crash/freeze.. this was on the 7th (2days after the update)

it's not official i'm just taking a wild card here (also season 8 is not far away)

most people with issues are 9700k users for some reason so i'm a bit surprised you are having an issue as well on a 16c/32thread processor.. very likely you are not having the 100% cpu utilization like the intel users?
Message 248 of 340 (780 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Konform103 ya that looks like a great source of information, cheers. At least I'll know if Respawn is aware of the issues in future.

And you are correct, as far as I can tell I haven't had the 100% CPU issue. (Unless its spiking to 100% as the freeze occurs then dropping instantly but I doubt it)

When checking diagnostics it does look as tho there may be a utilisation issue, but nothing is being recognised as an official application crash via the system which is strange.
I do think this maybe because 90% of the time I have to force the close the game by signing out, so it isn't registering the freeze correctly.

Another common factor is Nvidia cards (altho in the past 24hours I've seen alot more reports of AMD users suffering similar issues)
But for the first few days it seemed primarily Nvidia Ampere and latest Geforce Drivers...then the reports grew
Message 249 of 340 (776 Views)

Freezing mid game since the most recent update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Good morning EA Help and fellow Gamers,

Since the most recent update of Apex Legends Season 7, my game has been freezing mid game (game after gamer after game) to the point where a manual reset of my PC is required to get me back into apex where another freeze is lurking. 

Unlike others who have posted on this forum, I’m not here looking for a solution. Why?

because I’ve exhausted every avenue of communication with someone who represents this organization to get one.clear.question.answered.

“Why hasn’t EA Help, official Apex Twitter, or Respawn shown the decency to this community to put out at the VERY LEAST, an official tweet recognizing the problem and updating us on the resolution”?

^^^^^^ one simple question, 7 different EA Help employees in counting have yet to answer it.

I don’t even know that this will get posted by EA help. I truthfully don’t expect a real response, but I’ve been ponied around on this question ever since I reached out. Thanks 

(CM: Thread title updated to match opening post subject)

Message 250 of 340 (674 Views)