This site cannot provide a secure connection

by JayOnPc

Original Post

Re: Unable to purchase CC from Website using Paypal

★★★ Apprentice

*UPDATE* About a day or so after my last post here, it finally worked...3 times. I was able to get some of the gear I wanted. I felt a little happier, for a while. The next time I tried to purchase more coins (I buy 5500 at a time usually) it went back to the blank receipt. Now I can not buy more credits again for the Masters datacrons I wanted. I see the option to buy the larger amount of credits at a time, but it seems we are expected to pay for the ability...to buy more? Sorry, I can not rationalize that idea. I prefer to buy 5500 at a time. I'm already paying enough for these virtual items, I can't justify paying for the ability, to spend more of my money. I hope that is not why there seems to be a limit on how many times I can buy credits. I mean, If I have the money to spend, it would seem the company would be happy to have my business? Are we sure there is not a limit to the amount of credits or times we can purchase? Or is this just a coincidence and random issue?

Message 41 of 59 (1,123 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's working on IE (11) but it isn't good solution. I don't really want to use IE. Confused

Message 42 of 59 (1,086 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Luten6666 I completely understand the aversion to Internet Explorer :D So you're still getting the SSL error (or similar) with other browsers? Could you provide your SWTOR Account Name?

Message 43 of 59 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How much did you buy? Please let us know if it cuts you off again after purchasing a certain amount or certain number of times. Mine worked suddenly a few times, then back to the same. Was using Firefox browser.

Message 44 of 59 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

On the others browsers I have still the same error - SSL. I didn't say I bought CC but only have error (when I want to click button "Pay Now" - it should redirect to PayPal website to finalize order). It is on IE but on Chrome and Fiorefox got me SSL error. I don't want to use IE to go one step further to finalize it because I don't trust IE. So there is need fix this problem on others trusted browsers.

Yes, I wanted to buy some CC but I don't need them now - I sold some old stuff in game and bought what I wanted on GTN.

Message 45 of 59 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

**Update2*** Apparently my subscription was renewed, which is also by PayPal. So I thought, hmmmm, maybe it is fixed again? Tried to buy more coins. Nope. Still goes to the blank receipt. So, it must not be an issue with PayPal, if my auto subscription which is tied to PayPal works? Has any progress been made in discovering the issue, or fixing it? So far, I'm still ready and willing to spend my money. But getting bored because shopping and dressing my toons is one of the things I enjoy most in this game.

Message 46 of 59 (979 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Kyrbej It does make sense that your auto-renewal would work since it doesn't require you to go through checkout again.

We're still investigating the issue, I do appreciate all your patience.

Message 47 of 59 (973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

That explanation make sense. Thank you for the reply and letting us know it is still being looked into. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Message 48 of 59 (940 Views)

Problem subscribing with PayPal

★★ Novice

I am trying to subscribe to SWTOR via PayPal. However, when moving onto the PayPal website I get this browser message "

This site can’t provide a secure connection

swtor.checkout.ea.com sent an invalid response.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I do not have problems with PayPal on any other websites and this is the first time I have seen this message appear. 

Any suggestions?
Message 49 of 59 (892 Views)

Betreff: Problem subscribing with PayPal

★★★★★ Expert

@Semanon

This error is already known and will be discussed here.

Message 50 of 59 (886 Views)