This site cannot provide a secure connection

by JayOnPc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

This site cannot provide a secure connection

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've tried to buy a SWTOR subscription but every time I click pay now after I give me card information, It appears with the message 'This site cannot provide a secure connection'.

https://i.gyazo.com/d4aa31b1bb9dd8491a4be3a2c3faa61b.png

I'm pretty sure it's something on my side but does anyone know how to fix it?

I ran the windows network but It couldn't find anything wrong.

Message 7 of 59 (2,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem subscribing with PayPal

EA Live QV Team

The fix should now be fully applied! Thank you all for your patience while we sorted this out.

If you still experience the SSL error with PayPal, please fully clear the cache and cookies (from the beginning of time) from your browser of choice, and try again.

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (2,663 Views)

All Replies

Can't buy Subscription or CC.

★★★ Novice

Hello!
I have this problem currently where I can't buy anything on the SWTOR-site, as it goes straight to the receipt, without any verification. Before this, I got the ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR whenever I tried checking out, and this has been happening since the 1st.
Any ideas?

Message 1 of 59 (2,407 Views)

Re: Can't buy Subscription or CC.

Hero

@Kaerlekslemuren

I know there were some issues reported with the payment system and they may have taken it offline to investigate the issue.  If you have verified that you were not charged for trying to subscribe or purchase coins the only work around I can recommend at this time is to purchase the coins or a 60 day time card from somewhere like amazon then redeem it online at swtor.com for now or give it a couple of days and try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 59 (2,393 Views)

Can't purchase CC through the SWTOR website

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I RARELY purchase CC, but when I do, it's always been through my account on the SWTOR website. I don't use the in game option. 

The big sale they're having on the Cartel Market is what tempted me to buy some. 

I would like to note that I have never had this problem before. My account is set up to purchase through Paypal. My subscription goes through Paypal as well. 

However, I am unable to purchase. I have tried Opera, Firefox and Chrome. I get the same error message on all 3 browsers. 

The message goes like this 

"..... incorrect message authenication code.... 

SSL_error_bad_mac_read ... " 

Now, I REALLY would like to be able to purchase CC for what I want. 

How do I work around this problem? 

I have TRIED calling customer service about this. Apparently customer service does not exist anymore. The number I called was  1-(855)-345-2186. Got an automatic message saying to come here. I fail to see how this would solve my problem in a timely manner. 

Would buying a CC card from Amazon work around this? Since all I would be doing is redeeming a code, not making an actual purchase through the website.

I am only able to do online purchases. 

I've had this problem since Tuesday. 

I've even submitted an in-game ticket about this. NO ANSWER. YES I AM A SUBSCRIBER. 

Chasakan

Message 3 of 59 (2,420 Views)

Betreff: Can't purchase CC through the SWTOR website

★★★★★ Expert

@LadyChasakan

@LadyChasakan wrote:

Would buying a CC card from Amazon work around this? Since all I would be doing is redeeming a code, not making an actual purchase through the website.

Actually that should work.

Message 4 of 59 (2,412 Views)

★★★ Novice

That worked. Glad that I found a way around the issue.

Message 5 of 59 (2,443 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@LadyChasakan Groovy, good to hear Standard smile If the SSL error persists, let me know here. That should hopefully have only been a temporary issue.

Message 6 of 59 (2,341 Views)

Re: This site cannot provide a secure connection

★ Apprentice

had this too earleir today, now it changed though, whenever i hit pay now it just skips any paypal stuff and gives me a blank receipt. unable to buy CC atm.

Message 8 of 59 (2,445 Views)

★ Apprentice
Do you think it has anything to do with the maintenance?
Message 9 of 59 (2,439 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have no idea why the blank receipt, but the error we/you got earlier suggests that they are screwing around with their license or something or doing something to the "buying system". as it seems it is not a local error but,rather a server side-ed one. this is just pure speculation though. with any luck, the store will be working again like normal tomorrow/today after patch. as said i am no longer getting the error though, i just get that blank receipt so my problem may have evolved away from yours but IDK... 

hopefully waiting fixes it, if not then i seen you can buy both sub and CC from 3rd party sites like amazon and so on. idk about their safe-ness or pricing though as i always use swtor.com.

Message 10 of 59 (2,432 Views)