This game is really suck optimized! Just Read my topic!

by Jan4FPS

Original Post

This game is really suck optimized! Just Read my topic!

★ Apprentice

First I'm sorry for my english and try to explain the main issue.

my pc specs ;

ryzen 5 3600x 4.2 ghz

rx 5600 xt pulse

2x8 3000 mhz ram

ssd m2 ssd 1 tb

650 w psu gold

144 hz freesync premium

Actually it does not matter Nivida gpu or Amd gpu.. I had Nvidia gpu! (RTX 2060) I had problems with it! this game fails fails fails everytime. I really cannot play this game '' SMOOTH ''!, it makes me mad and thinking to not play anymore! (600+hours). Fps drops from 250 to 120 is really not fair and weird (espicially in city and some places in world's edge, Kings Canyon more better but there is also bad optimized places when fps drop to 120 and game is fps lagging so hard. sometimes hard to aim. I fixed all things about screen tearing, but still laggy and choppy '' IT HAPPENS ONLY IN APEX LEGENDS '' Lemme explain what did I try for this game ?

-DDU Really works but not a magic bullet.

-Overclocked my GPU and CPU even f**ckn memories :D

-Freesync cap to 141 or 138. even tried at 120 hz.. my low fps is 120 in this game.. nothing changes! and apex legends is really suck at amd's software. Nvidia is better but still problems.

-Disabled everything what I don't need on windows 10 ! I did cleanboot ! ( imagine ... I spent 1 month to fix this micro stutters and tearings but nothing changes ) %70-%99 gpu usage %50-%70 cpu usage. Temps are great! 

-I used empty standby list for memories.

-Reboot win 10

-Reboot bios

-Unnistalled and Re-installed apex legends.

-Almost tried everything in videoconfig. minimized all things. still getting those weird fps drops!

-Tried with another GPU ( nvidia Rtx 2060 ) still sucks!

-Changed every materials! still suck!

-Changed monitor still sucking!

I don't have any trouble in COD WARZONE or another games! this is just only in Apex Legends !

you can check this topic about freesync in apex legends. : https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=6273

there is comment I agreed %100 '' But Apex has been very variable refresh rate unfriendly.
Sometimes it works well, but often it doesn't want to play well. You're not the only person who experienced this. '' I'm not only have this trouble !

So should I buy RTX 2070 super or something RTX 2080 ti ? To be honest I see topics who has these GPUS and got trouble with apex legends ! ( You can google it ) I hope Ea games can change something and add new game engine like '' Vulkan '' Thank you !

Message 1 of 10 (3,911 Views)

Re: This game is really suck optimized! Just Read my topic!

★★★ Newbie

I have same issues with you...

Message 2 of 10 (3,892 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey @Jan4FPS , check out my post, i guess RTSS is what will fix your problems with lag

-> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/need-help-low-fps-in-Apex-Legends/m-p/9216992#M76263 

Message 3 of 10 (3,848 Views)

★ Apprentice

make sure, I tried RTSS a lot of times. Scanline sync is good, I really like RTSS but its broken with AMD GPU..  When fps drop under 141, I'm getting micro stutters because of bad optimizations of game. Freesync is doing his job better. I just have trouble with freesync in apex legends.

Message 4 of 10 (3,829 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yo @Jan4FPS , it's not right. I've testet RTSS with serveral GPU's, its working well with AMD GPU's, too. Maybe you forgotten a importent setting, for example disable freesync/gsync/any other vsync complety when using RTSS.

I build up a pc for my friend last year, 2700x & 5700xt. He's able to play apex at 2k with RTSS on. He's not getting 144FPS all the time - sometimes just 100FPS ore below, but no problem, all smooth.

Maybe you need to handle out the best driver settings for you, enable/disable amd anti-lag etc.

Message 5 of 10 (3,778 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried again rtss. When I'm playing at 120hz and 120 fps, yeah really smooth. But I can't understand, when I'm using rtss my fps is getting worse.. I never had 80-90 fps, rtss makes trouble gpu. Even if I get 115 fps, stutters start. I'll throw my computer soon and won't play anything. Is dat good solution? Tongue out

Message 6 of 10 (3,755 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jan4FPShm I am sure you set something incorrect with RTSS... but okay, if your only way is to surrender no one can help you xD

Message 7 of 10 (3,719 Views)

★ Guide

@Jan4FPS  apex is having optimization problems and needs to be fixed! I'm having these performance problems too! I've tried to do everything you can think of! I can no longer play in 4: 3 resolution, which is my native monitor, and now I have this performance problem, which is horrible, I am barely managing to hit the opponents because they are not smooth! believe me! it's not your pc! 80% of this problems are coming from the game I have 3425 hours played in this game and I see many differences season by season that are added!

Message 8 of 10 (3,688 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@HeaggeN  maybe it depends on the region. All my friends use RTSS and have no problems on different systems, so it can't just be the poorly optimized game. Not every problem is due to the game.. but it could definitely be better optimized. I agree with the 4: 3 problem, first it worked, now no more.

Message 9 of 10 (3,653 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Jan4FPS Have this same problem, i change gtx 1070ti to rtx 2070 super and still this same tearing and microstutter, nothing work, you fix this maybe?
Message 10 of 10 (1,274 Views)