There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

by danryan92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★ Novice

Installed Apex and when I try to launch, I get the error 'There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.'

I've seen posts about this in the past, but they have been locked due to the solution being found. Nothing seems to work for me though. Been in touch with EA support 4 times over the past 24 hours and they've basically just admitted they don't know how to fix it and I should try a complete reinstall of Windows. Honestly, if the nuclear option is the only way, I'd rather just not play the game. Already spent days getting everything else installed. Wondering if anyone else has any suggestions?

I have tried:

• Reinstalling the game (3 times). Including after a surgical uninstall (deleting files from AppData, saved games etc.)
  • Clearing Origin cache
  • Reinstalling Visual C++ packages
  • Turning off UAC prompts
  • Repairing game
  • Ensuring all my drivers are up-to-date

This is a new PC I custom built days ago, so Windows/Drivers should be completely up-to-date. Specs are as follows:

• Windows 10 Education (not N edition)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • MSI RTX 3060 Trio
  • 16gb DDR4 3600 MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 
  • 1TB WD Blue M.2 Nvme
  • ROG B550-F Gaming Motherboard

Message 1 of 8 (3,435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★★★ Novice
@danryan92 Hey buddy, try installing and launching Apex from Steam. It worked for me.
Let me know of that works for you.
Good luck!

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (3,323 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. I tried everything you did as well. I even went as far as reinstalling Windows ten. my PC is also new. just bought it pre built from micro center yesterday. 

Intel 10900k, Asus RTX 3080

Message 2 of 8 (3,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: After 20 plus hours of having this issue, Reinstalling, repairing countless times. 

I realized that Steam has Apex available in their library of games. (It use to be exclusive to origin)

Download and launch Apex from Steam and you shouldn't have any problems.

Tip: delete the origin version of apex first to save from any confusion.

You can find it in your program files> origin games folder. Or just delete it from the origin library. That should work too.

I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 8 (3,327 Views)

★★★ Novice
@danryan92 Hey buddy, try installing and launching Apex from Steam. It worked for me.
Let me know of that works for you.
Good luck!
Message 4 of 8 (3,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had exact same problem. I logged out from that account and logged in with a different account. And the problem was solved. After that, I again logged in with the previous account which faced the problem. It was solved too. Hope it may help you.

Message 5 of 8 (3,308 Views)

★ Novice

Man I completely forgot Steam had it. Does your account carry over? (skins etc.)

Message 6 of 8 (3,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem. The Fix was simple all along you need to go to c:/windows/system32 and delete d3dcompiler43.dll and go download direct x web installer and let it download missing files:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Message 7 of 8 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has helped me so much, thanks for making the hours of troubleshooting worth it

Message 8 of 8 (1,887 Views)