Betreff: The worse customer service and worst company is EA.

by pdttjeit4xgq

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The worse customer service and worst company is EA.

★★★ Novice

I paid for the festival pack on the iPad device buying from the in-app purchase.  NOTHING was ever received but my card was charged.  I am trying to contact you via your help form posting all the relevant information requested TWICE and every reply is some canned message about going to the same help page.  The customer service support people are absolutely trash because they give you canned messages repeating the same messages over and over and over gain.  

Someone please help me fix this issue that is so trivial - I paid for a festival pack that you did not deliver!  How many times do I have to contact EA support to get help?  I cannot dispute the charges with apple because they asked me to come to EA to resolve the issue and that the in-app purchase is NOT REFUNDABLE.  This entire game is a scam and I hope this thread gets saved via google so people will know how terrible EA is.

Message 1 of 9 (1,113 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The worse customer service and worst company is EA.

★★★ Novice

Thank you EA_rephil -

You and the rest of this support forum staff are a night and day difference compared to the help I get from those case agents!  As of July 5, I have received the festival pack but not after threatening legal recourse.  No customer should have to resort to pleading with a business to give them their product that they paid for!  But in the end this has been resolved and again I cannot stand by this company for the type of service I have endured is not just wrong but it's reprehensible.  

For those that find this thread do continue to complain and submit your receipts (most important) - but keep on it so EA will give you what you paid for.  Don't give up and if any staff member here did indeed help me push this through without my knowledge, thank you!  

Please continue to game on and enjoy life as well.  I will continue to and thanks again for finally delivering what I paid for!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,003 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

And yes, the attachments are included in the in-game help case numbers.  Both the iTunes email confirmation of in-app purchase and also the receipt of charge.  The communications between customer and EA support is absolutely terrible.  

Message 2 of 9 (1,105 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @pdttjeit4xgq,

I am sorry to hear that the process of your transaction did not go smoothly.

If I understand correctly, you have already attached the requested screenshots for the Proof of Purchase to a case several times. Unfortunately, I can't check this as I don't have access to your customer account.

In general, I would recommend you to do the following now. You contact our customer service directly via chat or phone, so that you also speak directly with a consultant. Since your case is already created and the corresponding screenshots are uploaded, you can now choose the direct way of contact to speak live with a consultant.

I'm sorry that you currently have to go this more difficult route, but we can't help you here in the forum with direct account and transaction issues.

So it is best to contact my colleagues directly, who will then also be able to access your case directly.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help

If you still have a question about this, I'm happy to answer it and again sorry for the current bad experience you had with the whole situation.

Message 3 of 9 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

This forum seems to be more competent than the in-app support team.  Not only have I uploaded all the receipts, I get an email back 1.18am my local time asking me if I have "restored purchases?" - this is just downright insulting.  If you need my receipts and have the power to "enable" my festival pack on my account why would you simply not look into my account and see that I have NO FESTIVAL PACK INSTALLED?!  This is truly the worse support on the planet and EA deserves every single bit of insulting hate directed towards them.  It's always boiler plate responses with these support people.

You have my receipts and my account information and yet still waste my time with making me run circles because your own developers are incompetent or rather in this case fully competent enough to rip off its user base.  I'm so infuriated that I will seek legal means to ensure EA stops these scam practices.  

I beg of everyone who reads this message to just avoid buying anything in-app from this company.  This is such a terrible unresolved experience and the support team for these apps is beyond incompetent.  

Thank you EA_rephil for your attempt to help.  At least the folks here are not like the game support team.  

Message 4 of 9 (1,053 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

And there is no direct chat except for twitter, no telephone to call either on that support page you posted.  EA can take your money out of your CC quickly but fail to deliver anything.  This is the basic definition of one being scammed.  The phone numbers do not exist, the live chat links do not appear.  

Message 5 of 9 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Novice

update: July 4:

absolutely disgusting.  I've had a total of FIVE different persons respond to my case number now.  Each one regurgitates the same boiler plate response.  Every single one asking for the same things.  I've attached 6 duplicate receipts now and the latest email from the support staff is asking me for the same receipt that is attached to the case itself!!!  None of these people ever look at the case itself and see that there are SIX attachments.  Now what I don't understand is if the support staff HERE in this forum cannot look up my account details - how is it possible that these case agents cannot see my account and know the information they need?  How many times must one respond so they can actually do something?  You take people's money so fast but when they don't receive their product these support staff run circles and never ever get anything solved.

I really, really hope that every single one of you potential EA in-app purchasers read this topic and never do you want to go thru the annoying waste of time these people put me through and it's still not being resolved.  These case agents have absolutely ZERO clue on how to do anything.

In fact they send you the same boiler plate help guide in which they tell you to use chat as a contact - which never works because when you fill out the help form, it automatically only gives you one option which is to contact them via CREATE A CASE.  When you do and provide all the necessary information, it's never the same agent that responds and each and every one of them make you run circles and are absolutely the worse customer service on this planet.  You have been warned!  I will update this thread when they send me another boiler plate response, yet again!

Message 6 of 9 (1,031 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

I'm really sorry about your experience with the whole process.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the colleagues are currently seeing or doing, but I can help you make direct contact via chat so that you can also talk directly to an employee.

Please go to the following website: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/.

Please enter the following options: 

The Sims Mobile | Apple iPhone | Missing content | Never received content

here you can choose the Chat as a contact option, it should look like this:

chrome_vMVPBrpMKM.png

You can enter your request here again, and also attach the screenshots here as well ( I know you did that before, but before my next colleague asks for that again, you have them in place 👍). 

You should then be connected with one of our Advisors directly and they should be able to give you an update on your case and hopefully resolve this issue with you. 

I really can only apologize for this situation and hope that the problem can be solved faster.

Feel free to give me an update on what's going on, as I'd like to share this internally for feedback purposes as well.

-rephii

Message 7 of 9 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you EA_rephil -

You and the rest of this support forum staff are a night and day difference compared to the help I get from those case agents!  As of July 5, I have received the festival pack but not after threatening legal recourse.  No customer should have to resort to pleading with a business to give them their product that they paid for!  But in the end this has been resolved and again I cannot stand by this company for the type of service I have endured is not just wrong but it's reprehensible.  

For those that find this thread do continue to complain and submit your receipts (most important) - but keep on it so EA will give you what you paid for.  Don't give up and if any staff member here did indeed help me push this through without my knowledge, thank you!  

Please continue to game on and enjoy life as well.  I will continue to and thanks again for finally delivering what I paid for!

Message 8 of 9 (1,004 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @pdttjeit4xgq,

happy to hear that you finally got your purchased content. Can't say enough how sorry I am about the trouble you had to go through. Appreciate your patience and wish you all the best! 

-rephii

Message 9 of 9 (982 Views)