Re: The texture of some character models glitches out

by RaZ_HU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The texture of some character models glitches out

★★★★ Novice

As the titel says, the texture of some of my character models glitches out with some wild flickering. Its really annoying and makes it impossible to play the game sometimes because i can't see what I'm doing. It mostly happens when I'm playing Kylo Ren, Obi-Wan or the Heavy Class. But sometimes the other classes are affected too. I don't know if this is a bug, some wrong video settings, or something else, but I would appreciate any help. Until now i tested most video setting combinations, i checked for grafic card driver updates and even reinstalled the game. But this still occurs.

This only happens to character models and no other objects in the game, They all look great as usual. Glitches like Kylos cloak are happening on other players running around too.

If anyone knows why this occurs to me and how i can fix it, i would really appreciate if he or she could help me out.

My PC:

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-8700 3,2 GHz

16 GB

Nvidia RTX2080

Message 1 of 20 (2,676 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Can you try to lower speeds on your GPU and GPU memory by 100-200Mhz and test it?

If it helps then you need to RMA your card.

As the words flow through the internet the first batch of RTX cards are faulty-capable, maybe you got one that is affected too.

View in thread

Message 7 of 20 (2,563 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Genarthos, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 20 (2,641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic, first thank for your reply. I didn't get to test it over the the new year holidays, but now i finally had the time.

Unfortunately, none of your solutions worked, but at least the CCleaner has solved some issues with my registry files that I did not even know I had. So thanks for that hint nonetheless.

Maybe some moving footage could help you find a solutions so i made this short video with several occasions of the problem.

https://youtu.be/-pH_zguTCGc

I'm looking forward to your next reply and hope we solve this problem.

Genarthos

Message 3 of 20 (2,617 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Genarthos, Glad to hear that something helped out. :D

Do you have anything in your PC that is Overclocked, CPU, GPU and RAM?

What you also can do is move the SWBF2 settings folder to the desktop, turn off Origin cloud sync for SWBF2 and then start the game up to play around and see if that helps. This is to see if there anything bad with settings folder we saw this help for a few players.

/Atic

Message 4 of 20 (2,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic,

My PC is relativley new as I bought it in October (just in time for the Grievous update Wink ) and I didn't play around with the standard settings. Maybe its Overclocked by default but then it shouldn't be a problem, right?

I tried your suggestion with the settings folder, then turned my PC in complete Offline Mode, so it couldn't sync anything and played arcade for some time. At first i was absolutley thrilled, because everything seemed to work. (Oh my god is Obi-Wan beautiful when he doesn't have that bug :D), but then in the second arcade round, after maybe 10 Miuntes total playtime it startet again. I only tried out Obi-Wan and the Heavy, as they mostly have the problem. After i restartet the game (with Internet and sync this time) even the General Kenobi in the main menu had the bug. (Obi-Wan isn't there in Offline mode so i don't know if he would bugged out there too, but probably yes) You can see it here if that helps: https://youtu.be/qTMxmRGovpc

Genarthos

Message 5 of 20 (2,595 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Genarthos, that is interesting that it did work for 1 round. Standard smile 

Can you upload a dxdiag to us so we can see more in depth what drivers and hardware you have. 

Can you do the settings thing again and then go to Origin, right click SWBF2, then game properties. Go to Cloud saves and turn of cloud saves. Start the game up and test a live multiplayer. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 20 (2,574 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you try to lower speeds on your GPU and GPU memory by 100-200Mhz and test it?

If it helps then you need to RMA your card.

As the words flow through the internet the first batch of RTX cards are faulty-capable, maybe you got one that is affected too.

Message 7 of 20 (2,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic,

I tried the settings thing as you suggested and in the first match (HvV this time) the bug occured sometimes, in the second match nearly all the time.

I have attached the dxdiag and hope it helps.

@RaZ_HU, how do i do that? I should mention Battlefront is the only game where i had this problems so far. I played Desitny 2, Overwatch, PUBG and some other game and i never had problem with the grafics.

Thank you both for your suggestions and your continuous help.

Genarthos

Message 8 of 20 (2,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic,

I'm afraid my dxdiag file did not help finding a problem solution? What else can I do?

I'd like to be able to play this game to its full potential again as soon as the new game mode arrives.

Help me @EA_Atic, your my only hope.

Genarthos

Message 9 of 20 (2,504 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Genarthos, I could not see anything that stood out on your dxdiag, so everything looked good there.

• Do you play on DirectX 12 or 11?
  • Do you notice if any hardware is overheating in the or if anything is capping out with your hardware in task manager? 
  • If you play on low settings do the same issue happen? 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 20 (2,485 Views)