Re: The game will freeze and crash

by TALON1138

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Changed Borderless Windowed mode as TALON1138 suggested and it seams to help. Whole user interface works way more smoothly and I dont get those screen freeze/screen flashing stuff anymore when entering or exiting from match back to main menu.So far I have played battle scenario trainings and no crashing.

Attached log shows that game still takes all the memory and gives those CPU load peaks when new macth or when main menu is loaded after victory, but game doesn´t crash to those situations anymore as max CPU load peaks are "anymore" like 80% as they use to be ~100% in fullscreen mode.

Next I will try to continue playing in singleplayer campaing and let see what happens.

Message 81 of 111 (1,592 Views)

★ Novice
My game was fine until the update, now mid match it will freeze for 10 seconds at a time, so I get about 2 mins of flying or running with 10 seconds of freezing, sometimes in star fighter assault my ship disappears and my camera is static as if I had just died, but I never respawn!!!! Just watching everyone else play, have to leave the game, any mode I play now even single player freezes. I build computers for a living my gtx1080ti and 5.4ghz i7 7700k processor ontop of all my other bad * parts is not the problem, I run this game in 4k MAX settings in HDR and still get 80 to 116fps without issue, so what's the deal? My rig has muscled through every game in the world, except yours after update.
Message 82 of 111 (1,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you try to play in borderless window mode? So far worked for me, even I have old rig: gtx580, 12G DDR3, i7-4770k, SSD.. Crashed only once in last 15 matches when it was loading the match. When I switched from fullscreen to borderless windowed, difference has been like nite and day in terms of game stability.

Message 83 of 111 (1,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Up,

So after changing from Fullscreen --> Borderless, issues with crashing/freezing are gone. After this change I have played successfully through all dark side battle scenario training sessions and about 4 "missions" in single player campaing without any problems. During cutscenes game used to crash, but after changing to borderless also those issues are gone.. at least so far. Next I will start to increase graphics guality settings and let´s see if I can get this game crashing again.

Anyone else who could confim that changing from Fullscreen mode to Borderless has helped?

Message 84 of 111 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea the borderless fixed my crashes. Awesome thanks man.

Message 85 of 111 (1,482 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Soo.. have you guys tried to play in Borderless mode?

Message 86 of 111 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What I'm finding most annoying is that after every time I supposedly get this fixed and get a smooth night's gaming as a result, the next time I play everything is broken again. What gives? Borderless worked for me, now it doesn't and I'm crashing just as much as ever again. This is ridiculous, the game's been out for a month now (for those who had early access), and yet still they haven't got things sorted, very bad show EA/DICE. They really need to get ahead of these problems.

Message 87 of 111 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So on installing new patch and Nvidia drivers? Kashyyyk worked fine, though I have been able to play this before, when it came to Death Star II What a surprise, a freeze and crash almost immediately. It seems to be the maps Death Star II, Yavin VI and Tatooine that are the real problem maps, as when my game is running relatively okay (not crashing every five minutes as usual), it'll be these maps that still cause a crash, have yet to complete a full round on any of them.

This is going beyond a joke now. Very close to just hitting the refund button and calling it a day. This has been the worst debacle of a game release. Even worse than when the last Battlefront came out with all its teething problems. Come on DICE, you can do better than this. 

Message 88 of 111 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Unbelievable! It now appears that the latest patch has actually made things worse. I was crashing left right and center on the ground maps, but I could at least take solace in the fact that the starfighter portion of the game was fairly stable for me, so I could at least play that until they fix everything else. Now with this latest patch it appears that starfighter assault has been totally borked for me as well now as I have been regularly getting the freeze and then CTD with this mode now. So rather than fixing anything they've actually managed to take a step backwards!

What a bleedin' farce. If a hardcore Battlefront fan like me is thinking of quitting the game due to these ridiculous issues, more casual gamers must be leaving in their droves (if they're suffering the same issues I am), way to shoot yourself in the foot before you're out of the starting gate EA/DICE. 

Message 89 of 111 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay, weirdly it seems the starfighter assault crashing was a result of my attempting to downgrade my graphics options to see if that made my game more stable. Bizarre, and on reinstating the higher automatic settings it seems to be fixed, so yeay, I have Starfigther Assault working again. Still getting crashes on all ground maps, even Theed which generally doesn't crash for me. Oh well, maybe one day I'll be able to play all of this game, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.                         

Message 90 of 111 (1,268 Views)