Re: The game will freeze and crash

by Glam_Foe_Hammer

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have posted all the possible solutions I can think of, and what worked for me - only thing i can reccomend is staying on queue for support until it's resolved - and browse over all the stuff in https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/  - some of it isn't just about connections, via some links

try search here, and the forums https://battlefront-forums.ea.com

I am going to have to get another ram stick, but can't afford it until next month so I will be playing litterally unpolished settings :P

Game did crash out no errors though when exiting campaign to main menu, this happened before too. But I was able to play okay.

Message 41 of 111 (3,619 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For a triple A $60-$80 dollar game, on a comp that exceeds reqs crashing isn't ok for me.  Some bugs here and there sure...but logging in and actually playing not being possible... next, money back!

I'm deleting the folder you suggested and repairing files.  Hope it works, doubt it will.  It feels like a gpu driver kind of thing, that should have been resolved before launch.

Message 42 of 111 (3,611 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yesterday the game worked fine no freezes and crashes at all (after update). I will see if it wasn´t just luck. Standard smile But that will be about 4 hours. After school.

Message 43 of 111 (3,602 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Deleting that Folder in Users was the ticket! for now. I've been able to play a solid hour! that is 12 times longer than the entire time i've been trying to play. 

Steps taken.

Full reinstall

Delete Star Wars BF2 folder under users documents

Repair game.

Launch game, it launched in windowed mode. w/ audio loud as *.  I turned volume back to decent levels and after a round of gamplay went fullscreen.   I have not tried windowed borderless yet as I think that could be the prob maybe? Im not gonna push it Im playing and having fun!

Message 44 of 111 (3,594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So far so good am now playing in borderless and no crash yet.  Idk wtf was wrong with that folder but deleting it and repairing after a clean install was the trick. I'll update if the problem persists and if the fix works again.

Message 45 of 111 (3,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Glam_Foe_Hammer finally ^_^ I am happy for you Standard smile My internet ended up going out, they are doing repairs before "winter is coming" :P So today I will actually get to play the game Standard smile

Congrats!!!!

Oh, and I totally agree with you about the game shouldn't have some of the issues it does/did, but since it's star wars I am trying to have hope Standard smile

Message 46 of 111 (3,540 Views)

★★ Novice

The only time the game crashes on me is when I enable DX12

Message 47 of 111 (3,531 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright the freeze crash returned when I went Borderless, went back to fullscreen no issue for several hours.   The problem for me seems to be borderless mode.

Message 48 of 111 (3,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When you say "repair game" how do you do that?  I'm in the middle of reinstalling after uninstalling and deleting the user subfolder.  I even uninstalled my video drivers and reinstalled them before reinstalling BF2.

Message 49 of 111 (3,479 Views)

★★ Guide

There is a cog/gear icon in origin - on the game screen (after you click it, from your game library), that will have options, repair, update, settings and others.

Message 50 of 111 (3,472 Views)