The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing.

by M4rafett

Original Post

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★★ Guide

@Skarecrow542 wrote:

let's hope that, with the clone wars season, they will make a performance patch as well. I'm sick and tired to fry eggs on my cpu. I mean, the sim and gpu works at 60, but cpu is all wrong

still not fixed

Message 911 of 918 (2,384 Views)

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★★ Novice
dose anyone have the same framrate issuse in other applications like a Vally or heven benchmark ??

would be nice to know...
Message 912 of 918 (2,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Nope, it´s SWBF exclusive, BF1 e.g. runs fine, no high fps stuttering.

Message 913 of 918 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
any progress? Been another month without a reply.
Message 914 of 918 (2,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not that it helps most people, but I've just built a new PC.  Ryzen 2700x, same GTX 970 card and with BF2 still installed on the same HDD. 

The game now works.

No crashes in any of the modes although slight slowdown still in menus sometimes.

Not sure what that proves, my old i7 920 ran the game beautifully when it worked and was perfectly capable in all other recent games.

Message 915 of 918 (2,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

well so far still having issues with the campaign mode, the stuttering is absurd, quite unplayable.

Message 916 of 918 (1,981 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I hope this will get fix on the next update...
Message 917 of 918 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone!

I will be closing this thread to make a new topic about any performance issues you may have. Allot of the information and communication on this topic is old and out of date. To make it easier for everyone a fresh start is needed.

We have done a allot of updates to SWBF2 that was to improve on the performance of the game for PC and have solved for a lot of players, its not the case for everyone.

I will be making a new topic here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Main-topic-PC-Performance-issue/m-p/7012186#M20246

Thank you for your understanding and your continued support!

/Atic

Message 918 of 918 (17,477 Views)