The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing.

by M4rafett

Original Post

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★★ Apprentice

So as I stated previously I was having my cpu and gpu load 100 percent in task manager.
I messed around with settings and then I decided to put DX12 on my task manager cpu and gpu load went to normal. But the game itself still stuttered in menus and in game.

*Shrugs*

Message 81 of 918 (1,974 Views)

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, I rolled back from AMD Adrenaline 17.12.1 to Crimson 17.11.1 and the game runs as smooth and perfect as it did before. This did the fix for me.

But this still doesn't explain why people using Nvidia cards are facing similar problems. Seems to be a mixed issue, drivers and EA/DICE. 

Message 82 of 918 (1,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i got a i7 6900k 64GB Quad-channel 3200Mhz DDR4 ram and a titan x pascal(ok i run it 4k) and the fps has gone from 59 ish avg to around 35 ish with notable slowdowns and lag spikes, AND vaders skill still bug out others, you can still spawn with no lightsaber or without the ability to block which sustains till you die then it works (on chars that do), so yeah no bug fixed broken optimisation... not cool.

Message 83 of 918 (1,956 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, since Patch 1.0, fps drops and freezes at campaign and multiplayer.

Windows 7

GTX 970 (Latest driver)

i7 6700K

32RAM

Message 84 of 918 (1,951 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I just rolled back to 17.11.1. No change.
Message 85 of 918 (1,944 Views)

★ Guide

I really really hope a patch very soon now.

I m so dispointed , the game ran perfectly and since the new update , it s unplayable Frown

Message 86 of 918 (1,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this problem since I have bought the game. It doesn't matter what video quality I use. the game is basicly unplayable. I thought a patch would fix it, but nothing changed by last few patches. Sometimes Strike mode is working. Singleplayer is the worst, it just can't be played at all. sometimes it even freezes in the menu.
GTX 960
I5-4690
16GB RAM

Message 87 of 918 (1,897 Views)

★★ Novice

I seem to have bought this game at the wrong time.  Just installed and it is a mess.  Want to play Campaign and the first cutscene hardly even starts before it lags/freezes.  Tried initially with the current drivers, 17.12.1 then went back to 17.11.1.  Neither worked.  My computer is not too slow for a damn cutscene.  The CPU isn't the best: i5-3570k (pretty much min), but memory (16gb) and video (RX480 4gb) match recommendations.

Looking forward to a fix before I return :\

Message 88 of 918 (1,877 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I wonder if EA will ever chime in on this or acknowledge that there is a problem whether it be with TLJ update or it be a problem with the recent AMD or Nvidia driver updates.

I haven't been able to play since the update landed, some transparency would be nice in the slightest instead of leaving us in the dark to guess what fixes may or may not work....

Message 89 of 918 (2,132 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same issue.  GTX 1060 (w/ 6GB), i7, 16 GB DDR4 ram, SSD.  Game ran amazing on ultra, 145% resolution scaling, before this most recent update.  Like everyone else, I now have regular stuttering/lag. 

Turning on Vsync has been the only thing to allllllmost totally alleviate the issue but I use a 144hz monitor specially to avoid using vsync.  I'm all up to date across the board, no other performance issues.

This sucks!  I really need to stop buying EA games.  Hopefully Disney revokes their star wars license (I have no idea how these things work lol).

Message 90 of 918 (2,112 Views)