The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing.

by M4rafett

Original Post

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★★★ Novice

I have a gtx 1080, i7 4790k, 32gb of 1800 ram and the game is installed on an SSD, using windows 10 64 bit and i am still suffering from constant micro-stuttering that's making the game unplayable. I've updated to the latest driver, rolled back my driver, disabled origin form the game, turned off DirectX12 and still NOTHING HAS WORKED!!! It's so frustrating because all i want to do is play the game and enjoy myself but the constant stuttering renders the game unplayable, hell i can barely even operate the game menu because it constantly stutters

Message 181 of 918 (1,150 Views)

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★★ Guide

there is no fix for this and yes its super frustrating. the worst part is that we wont get a patch untill the xmas vacations ends imo.

you need programmers to fix this then do some QA then send the patch out. If EA really want to fix this quick they could do it in a week but hey its Dice dont expect mutch sadly

Message 182 of 918 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I managed to get the game running smoothly, but there's definitely an issue with CPU usage causing FPS drops!

Please fix Disappointed

Changes made:

Set screen mode to Bordeless (and back to fullscreen):

Instead of FPS drops to 1 I seem to get FPS drops of ~30 and less often (like round start). It seems to get slightly better after the first minutes of playing.

Disabled V sync:

To disable FPS limited of 60 and probably less notable FPS drops.

Without V sync I'm getting ~100 FPS or more average FPS. Also disable the FPS limiter in AMD settings if enabled.

Set AMD shader setting to Off and to On (not optimized) + Rebooted: Not sure if this helps

Disabled BF2 Dynamic Resolution: Not sure if this helps

Rolled back AMD driver to 17.11.2: Not sure if this helps

The most notable was switching the screen mode, though I'm not sure if the end result is a combination of the below as it requires extensive testing.

The overall BF2 video settings don't seem to be the most dominant factor. With the changes below the game runs of course smoother in lower video settings.

Though in Ultra it is playable for me now. FPS drops are less severe and frequent.

When I first played the game FPS drops to 1 where all over the place (loading screens, Opening crates, animations, Round start, while playing) and very frequent. 

Now FPS is dropping to ~30 minimum sometimes. The game has less FPS drops overall

CPU: i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

RAM: 8 GBytes DDR3 SDRAM

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290 4096 MBytes of GDDR5 SDRAM

Message 183 of 918 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

If you have dynamic resolution, it's because you are in DX12, have you tried to choose DX11 ? Better results sometimes.

Message 184 of 918 (973 Views)

★★ Guide

@Iro-Plissken wrote:

If you have dynamic resolution, it's because you are in DX12, have you tried to choose DX11 ? Better results sometimes.

yes we tried everything doesnt change a thing

Message 185 of 918 (969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

still no update , none of the differents fix works for me.

so frustrating Frown

Im very dispointed by EA/Dice for this game because , before the last jedi update , the game worked perfectly.

Message 186 of 918 (953 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just bought game recently, and have same problem
this post is two weeks old and they still didn't fixed it or they did and am I having problem with something else?

Message 187 of 918 (908 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
No fix, no communication, nothing. As usual.
Message 188 of 918 (883 Views)

★★ Guide

@Iro-Plissken wrote:
No fix, no communication, nothing. As usual.

i have learned my lesson with EA , trust me

Message 189 of 918 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys i had the same problem as you but i uninstalled origin and battlefront 2 and reinstalled them all, it worked for me and i hope it works for you guys too!

Message 190 of 918 (994 Views)