Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

by Red_Leader_awing

Original Post

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★★★ Apprentice

nothing changed since Solo update. They're not fixing this, let's face it

Message 851 of 918 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When I played SWB1 I thought: "EA made almost perfect game. If only they didn't make Bossk and EE-4... But sure in SWB2 they will correct their 2 mistakes and add more cool extension packs like Battle Station and Rougue One... May be blowing the second DS, or the planet from ep.  VII." If only I knew that SWB2 would be so full of bugs like stuttering and freezing at the most inapropriate places, too powerful heroes, too weak weapons, no deep missions like the mentioned packs. *Sigh. Not only that, but thanks to SWB2 there are not enough players on SWB1 to start a game.  Thanks EA for killing 2 games with one stone! *Bummer, *Prolonged Sigh.

Message 852 of 918 (1,011 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still unplayable. On AMD the game only seems to work with the 17.11.3 Driver (2017. Nov. 24.) - What is joke, obviously you need to keep it up to date for newer games and on nVidia still no solution. DICE doesn't seem to care about it at all. I aslo like these tremendous EA answers too in the topic. Nice communication again guys, thank you really! -.-"

Message 853 of 918 (859 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Since last patch i solved my issue using DX12. I've got a sapphire rx 580. 18.5.1 amd drivers
Message 854 of 918 (816 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Aaaaaaaaaaand one more patch and the game is still unplayable. holy moly, what are you waiting for EA? The damn game is running at  fps and it suddenly drops to 15 fsp, then 30, then 60, etc. 

Message 855 of 918 (734 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
if you've abandoned us (or in other words are unable to fix this) EA I'd rather know than wait like a sitting duck for nothing to come. waste of time otherwise.
Message 856 of 918 (700 Views)

★★ Guide

guys i have an idea , it might be cause we all have 120-144hrz+ monitors the reason of all that since our fps goes way over 60 causing the sturrering even though we didnt had that issue before TLJ can any confirm this with me ?

Message 857 of 918 (639 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nope, I have 60 hz monitor and the problem remains. It seems that the stuttering/freezing isuues are related to shader cache. With the latest update it is almost solved on some maps at least for rigs with high end cpu's and gpu's.  But the starfighter assault is not improved at all - massive freezing and broken graphics with infinite lines during gameplay. Overall, this game is like an amateur replica of the SWB 2015. That game was perfect regarding the graphics and the gameplay. When I played it, I instantly forgot that I am in a game - so realistic and tense missions. SWB2 is like an old arcade game - waiting 10 seconds to enter battle after each kill is especially annoying in strike missions, when every second matters to achieve the goal. I mean for example if one team has the data pack and needs 10 seconds to bring it to the delivery point, and the other team is not present, because everyone is waithing 10 sec to enter again. This game is so LOL in any aspect!

Message 858 of 918 (1,027 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For those who still have issues with stutters and microstutters like i had. Do the game run better for you for alittle while with a newly rebooted PC? If so, it might be a memory cache issue becouse of Windows 10 that the frostbite engine have trouble with. Windows 10 keeps hogging up standby memory thanks to a Windows 10 patch around the ssame time Last Jedi popped. But i found a solution for that and it fixed my microstutter in Battlefront 2 and the huge stutters i had in Battlefield 1.

When u play, empty your standby list with RAMmap or try this suggestion i found on a nvidia forum that solved the problem for me so i dont need to empty standy memory manually.

"marts_sum said:
Hey guys,

Here is my permanent solution/set it and forget it workaround for the creators memory issues (particularly with Frostbite games).

1. Download EmptyStandbyList and put it somewhere where you won't move ithttps://wj32.org/wp/software/empty-standby-list/

2. Right click > Properties and select Run as Admin under compatibility.
3. Open Task Scheduler > Create Task on the far right
4. General Tab (give it a name). Under security options > Change user or group > Advanced > Find Now > go down and choose SYSTEM (important to make it run silently in the background). Tick 'Run with highest privileges' and 'Hidden' at the bottom. Pictures here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6568736/how-do-i-set-a-windows-scheduled-task-to-run-in-the-bac...

5. Triggers tab > New > On a schedule > One Time. Tick repeat task every 5 minutes (possibly excessive but it causes no issues). 
6. Actions tab > Start A program > Point to the EmptyStandbyList.exe file.
7. Done! Standby memory is automatically cleared every 5mins and BF1 especially will run smooth for hours!"

Dont forget to change to Win10 in task manager when u create a task.

Hope it helps for you aswell.

Message 859 of 918 (871 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone! 

After the latest updates we have done to SWBF2 are you still experiencing any performance issue?  If you are experiencing performance please describe what kind of issue you have and add a Dxdiag to your replay. 

If you have done troubleshooting also let me know what kind of troubleshooting you have done. 

How to do Dxdiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

/Atic

Message 860 of 918 (821 Views)