Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

by FreddyXMind

Original Post

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★ Apprentice

This is ridiculous.

If you had read the thread, you'd know that none of those things have helped anyone. The concensus so far is that the problem doesn't come from our machines, but could be related to shader cache.

Once again, on my end:

Was running the game at 60 fps, full HD, medium settings from launch. TLJ patch happened, more patches happened, now the game jumps constantly (every second or two) from 50-60 fps to 10-15, and I now have to play at low settings and 65% resolution scale. I've experimented with super low resolutions and settings just to compare, and the same stuttering occurs than if I test it at 100% reso scale and high settings, give or take about 5 fps.

This is getting INSANE, we need to know that this is going to be fixed soon.

Message 831 of 918 (1,549 Views)

★ Apprentice
Bump
Message 832 of 918 (1,471 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I changed prerendered frames to 1.

vsync on.

triple buffering on.

All in nvidia settings.

Now the games stutters hard the first few seconds, but after that it’s very smooth.

I will see if this changes later, when I launch the game again.

Message 833 of 918 (1,453 Views)

Serious performance hit since patch 2.0

★★ Apprentice

Yet another concern for me.

i was capable of playing this game smoothly till patch 2.0(which Bespin map has been given) at 1024*768 screen resolution, reso.scale 100% and graphics quality medium.  But till then, all went completely downhill somehow. i can barely see 30 FPS around 70% reso scale and medium graphics.

i tried almost everything from updating the graphics drivers, installing even older drivers, cleaning already purified notebook fan again and again, reinstalling the game, different graphics settings. Chose high performance for the game across Nvidia Control Panel...  Nothing helped me solve it.

i am just crying because of this cos not being able to get amused sitting on a 8 GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz is simply heartbreaking.

my rig :  core i5 3230M @3.2 GHz processor ,  2 GB Nvidia Geforce GT 635M graphics card,  8 GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz and Win 8 Pro 64-bit OS.

Would you tell me what exactly happened to the beautiful optimization?

Message 834 of 918 (1,089 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It seems like my game runs much better now.
After I changed these settings, the game only stuttered in the beginning of the map first time i played them.

Perhaps a cache problem of some sort?
I don't know, but what i did actualle seem to have fixed it for now.

Hope this will be looked into for the next patch.

Message 835 of 918 (1,353 Views)

★★ Guide

search for sound in the search bar on your windows

-right click on your sound device

-advanced

-then lower the quality of your sound mine is at 16bit , 48000 hz DVD quality 

-both exclusive mode option checked

-apply

for some reason im not experiencing any stutter at all after doing this 

Message 836 of 918 (1,347 Views)

★★ Guide
@OldManSkillsTV That actually dropped down my stutter a lot. It’s not gone completely but it’s much lesser now than it was before. Thank you so much.
Message 837 of 918 (1,178 Views)

★★ Guide

@OneThiccCat wrote:
@OldManSkillsTVThat actually dropped down my stutter a lot. It’s not gone completely but it’s much lesser now than it was before. Thank you so much.

happy i could help

Message 838 of 918 (1,230 Views)

Re: Serious performance hit since patch 2.0

★★ Guide

@PadmeTheLover wrote:

Yet another concern for me.

i was capable of playing this game smoothly till patch 2.0(which Bespin map has been given) at 1024*768 screen resolution, reso.scale 100% and graphics quality medium.  But till then, all went completely downhill somehow. i can barely see 30 FPS around 70% reso scale and medium graphics.

i tried almost everything from updating the graphics drivers, installing even older drivers, cleaning already purified notebook fan again and again, reinstalling the game, different graphics settings. Chose high performance for the game across Nvidia Control Panel...  Nothing helped me solve it.

@i am just crying because of this cos not being able to get amused sitting on a 8 GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz is simply heartbreaking.

@my rig :  core i5 3230M @3.2 GHz processor ,  2 GB Nvidia Geforce GT 635M graphics card,  8 GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz and Win 8 Pro 64-bit OS.

Would you tell me what exactly happened to the beautiful optimization?

welcome to 4 months ago

Message 839 of 918 (1,091 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is awuful. i just bought the game on origin..... i wanted to play. and this freeze lag happens.

when are they going to fix this? It is unplayable to me. none of the solutions worked for me.....

i sent a complaining. please fix the game.!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to play it. fix it!

Message 840 of 918 (927 Views)