The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing.

by M4rafett

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

After The Last Jedi patch the game is completely unplayable. Even in smaller game modes the stuttering is unbearable. Before the patch everything was smooth, apart from the constant serverside rubberbanding, and laggs of course. Now everything stutters, the menu, the lootboxes, the SP cutscenes, everything...

The platform is PC and my sys req is way over the recommended line. Drivers are updated too. 

It is so annoying... even a company this huge cannot test their builds properly. Gamebreaking problems such as this should be fixed immediately, but after 24 hrs still nothing. Now we have to wait who knows how long for a fix...  I would rather play the previous build of the game without the DLC. 

AAA game development... are you kidding me?!.   

This is how the game performs since The Last Jedi patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4pZIiNyhs

Message 9 of 918 (35,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone!

I will be closing this thread to make a new topic about any performance issues you may have. Allot of the information and communication on this topic is old and out of date. To make it easier for everyone a fresh start is needed.

We have done a allot of updates to SWBF2 that was to improve on the performance of the game for PC and have solved for a lot of players, its not the case for everyone.

I will be making a new topic here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Main-topic-PC-Performance-issue/m-p/7012186#M20246

Thank you for your understanding and your continued support!

/Atic

View in thread

Message 918 of 918 (17,477 Views)

All Replies

Battlefront 2 Freezing

★★ Novice

My Battlefront 2 crashes or freezes all the time.  I used to get through a match, then freeze before the next one.

Now I freeze on the loading screen before I even get to play a match.

Sometimes I get blue screen.

I've seen a similar thread to this one, despite so many people with the problem there were no answers.

Message 1 of 918 (34,688 Views)

Micro-Stutter

★ Novice

Hello,

I have been having issues with my star wars battlefront 2 ea (playing through the EA access 10 hour trail)

when playing,I experience a lot of Micro-Stuttering with an average framerate of around 80-90 fps on medium settings

I tried setting different graphics settings I.E low, medium, High and Ultra, but the higher the graphics settings were the more micro-stuttering there was. I have also tried changing individual settings but no Improvements had an effect on performance.

My PC specs:

RAM: 8GB (DDR3)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (2 GB)

Processor: AMD FX 4300 Processor Quad-core 3.8 GHz 4 MB cache

Hard Drive: 1TB HDD, 7200 rpm

Message 2 of 918 (28,720 Views)

Re: Micro-Stutter

★★★★ Novice

What driver are you using? I'm also having these issues using 388.13 and 388.31. I'm going to roll back tonight and see if it fixes it. I'm running a 980 ti. 

Message 3 of 918 (28,714 Views)

Re: Micro-Stutter

★ Novice

I'm using GeForce Game Ready Driver, Version: 388.31, Release date: 11/15/27

Message 4 of 918 (28,705 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 Freezing

★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem. That's when I selected DirectX 12.

I uninstalled Origin and Battlefront II.

I reinstalled the 2 programs but impossible to start the game, it freeze immediately.

I have a Core i7 + 8Go RAM + GTX 770 (MSI Notebook).

Is there a config file to change the version of Directx  without starting the game? it would correct the problem, may be.

Thanks for help!

Message 5 of 918 (34,444 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hope this will help you (Документы - Documents) After this dont forget to turn it off ingame

Message 6 of 918 (34,263 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much Metal_UA.

I will test it Standard smile

Message 7 of 918 (34,177 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes Yes, Thank you very much, it works!

Message 8 of 918 (34,120 Views)

Re: The game is unplayable after the TLJ patch. Constant stuttering and freezing

★ Apprentice

Same here, unplayable for me after the patch.

The frametimes are going wild, feels worse then 30 FPS because it is not smoothie.

PLEASE fix it, asap.

---

Damn, i love that game and i want to say: Thank you so much for it.

But when favorit game doesent work, it makes me really sad.

Greetings from Germany 

Message 10 of 918 (35,270 Views)