The game freezes when I move my mouse

by Maxthurr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game freezes when I move my mouse

★★ Novice

When I move my mouse, the game freezes, I tried to lower my mouse's refresh rate, close G hub before launching the game and neither of those worked. This makes the game unplayable and I don't know how to fix it. 

Message 1 of 10 (6,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game freezes when I move my mouse

Community Manager

Hi @Maxthurr

When you have the chance can you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that helps at all? If this is being caused by something else running on your PC that may help stop the mouse issues. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you have a chance. Thanks!

/Kent 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,803 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Maxthurr

When you have the chance can you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that helps at all? If this is being caused by something else running on your PC that may help stop the mouse issues. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you have a chance. Thanks!

/Kent 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (6,804 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Maxthurr

Were you able to get a Clean Boot set up? Are you still running into any issues with the game freezing up? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 10 (6,766 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, no I don't have this problem anymore. I just deactivated the windows 'Enhance pointer precision' and it did worked.

Thanks anyway! 

Message 4 of 10 (6,708 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Kent,

My brother and I have been having this exact same issue for several months, we've been daily Apex players since launch but this bug makes it impossible to play. I had this issue when I played on my gaming laptop but since building my own PC the issue is resolved for me, however my brother has struggled with it for months. We saw this recent thread and decided to try the Clean Boot set up that you mentioned hoping there was a new fix to this. For the first 15 seconds of the first game the issue seemed resolved but immediately reverted to the old bug, where any mouse movement resulted in huge stutters and impossible playing conditions. See this clip for what happened after the "clean boot": https://youtu.be/sxVQXAnRYGM. We've also tried lowering mouse refresh rate, making sure all drivers and devices were updated, uninstalling other mouse/pointer devices, disabling the "enhance pointer precision" feature, disabling "scroll inactive windows", disabling cortana, disabling NVidia high definition audio, changing the process priority, booted as admin, turned off overlay software for Discord and Origin, and several others. Do you have any thoughts on what next step we should take? We're happy to provide any additional info that may be relevant (mouse and device model, etc)

Message 5 of 10 (6,658 Views)

Community Manager

@CarcinusMaineus 

From the video you linked it looks like you're getting prediction errors when the game starts hitching up like that. It might actually be connection-related rather than a problem with the mouse. Can we try out some connectivity troubleshooting to see if that helps at all? 

A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If it keeps happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes when you have the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (6,584 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kent ,

Thank you for the information! He has had unstable internet connection for awhile now, but there used to at least be good days and bad days with the mouse connection. But recently it has been a consistent problem. He ran the UO Trace program and got a very wide range between best and worst ping (~12 - 256), so maybe it is an internet connection issue. The problem is fixed when switching to a non-gaming wireless mouse, do you know why that may be? My thought was maybe a lower polling rate would help but he did manually decrease the polling rate on his gaming mouse with no effect.

He has been in touch with the ISP for about a month now, trying to get the connection serviced, but they haven't had any success in the last few service visits. Do you have any other ideas of things that he could do to help if the internet connection is the source of the problem? Again, thank you for your attention to this!

Message 7 of 10 (6,539 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @CarcinusMaineus.

I appreciate the update!

What type of gaming mouse do you use? Does it have its own software to manage profiles/settings? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (6,437 Views)

★★ Novice

We both use the Logitech G305 wireless mouse, so he's been able to use GHub to fiddle with polling rate etc.

Message 9 of 10 (6,408 Views)

Community Manager

@CarcinusMaineus 

Got it, thanks. 

Can you try something for me when you have a chance? I'm curious what would happen if you set up a Clean Boot on your PC before launching Apex Legends. For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website

Let me know if you're still seeing the same issues with your mouse movement afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (6,292 Views)