by AEdwardian

Original Post

The World is Waiting improper dialogue flags and accidental spoilers

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug The World is Waiting quest can trigger before all the outposts/locations mentioned in the quests dialogue have been introduced, thus preempting and spoiling those actions.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening?
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attain 100% viability on Eos, Havarl, Voeld, Kadara and Elaaden before placing outposts on all of them/visiting Meridian.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GeForce GTX 1070 8GB OC
Please enter memory size in GB. 32

I attained 100% viability on all 5 worlds, however, particularly with completing the vaults and doing a lot of side quests, it is possible to hit 100% on Elaaden (and perhaps Kadara) without establishing an outpost.

(VERY SLIGHT SPOILERS FOLLOW)

The World is Waiting triggers at 100% viability regardless of whether all outposts have been established, yet all outposts are referenced in the dialogue during this quest. In addition, I had not even been to the system Meridian is in, yet Meridian was also referred to in the dialogue, thus spoiling for me that there was any colonist/Initiative/Angara presence on that world before I ever got the chance to go there.

Message 1 of 2 (194 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The World is Waiting improper dialogue flags and accidental spoilers

★★★★ Novice

A really small error creating quite a noticeable spoiler.

I, like I'm sure most others did, worked to get viability up to 100% on each planet before moving on. By the time "The World is Waiting" triggered for me, I had progressed enough in the main storyline to have heard of Meridian, but nothing more.

The spoiler itself occurs when SAM is saying a list of worlds, so I guess the easy answer here would be to just clip the mention of Meridian out of the list if the player has not reached the end of the main storyline and then include it back if they have.

Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help