The Sims mobile seems to of randomly stopped working for me. Please help.

by TSESCSJSSSRSJS

Original Post

The Sims mobile seems to of randomly stopped working for me. Please help.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I contacted EA Help through Facebook messenger and they told me to post here.

I'm having trouble getting my "the Sims mobile" game to work. It stalls on the opening  "the Sims mobile logo" screen. Occasionally it will work but if I click of the game I have the same issue. I've attached screenshots of what happens. I've tried mobile data instead of my WiFi (which works for every other app) and I have the issue both ways.I also didn't receive the repeated "dessert for two" sweet treat showdown" rerun. I have completed previously though so I wondered if that was the reason why or could it be related to this problem I'm having?

I've tried following the instructions on Twitter from @SimGuruDragonsEye (attached a screenshot of the post I'm referencing) but I'm unable to update either Android system webview or Google Chrome. Do you have any other ideas as to how I might go about getting my Sims game to work? P.s my phone is an OPPO A5 2020. I have 41.5 GB storage free. The device model is a CPH1931 and the Android version is 10. Let me know if you need my player Id.i wasn't sure if it was Safe to post that publicly or not.

I contacted EA Help through Facebook messenger and they told me to post here. I really hope you can help as I am a big fan and long time player of The Sims Mobile and I miss it already. 🙂

Edited by EA_Neil. Better not to post your ID in public.

Message 1 of 6 (655 Views)

Re: The Sims mobile seems to of randomly stopped working for me. Please help.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TSESCSJSSSRSJS 

The STS rerun shows up only for players who haven't previously completed the event. So, if you have completed it, it's normal that you don't see it this time.

I get sometimes the Where is the network? message. I suggest you try some  basic troubleshooting. It usually works fine on my tablet when I delete cached files, restart my device and use data instead of Wifi. I also close apps that are running on the background as they are using memory and the game won't be able to run if there is not enough memory available. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 6 (630 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @TSESCSJSSSRSJS! Could you contact me via dm and I will see if I can help you? Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye Hi @EA_DragonsEye. Do you mean direct message on Facebook? If so is your facebook name @EA_DragonsEye too? I don't have a Twitter account so I can't comment or anything that way but I can message you on Facebook. Would that work? I'm really hoping to solve this issue as I miss being able to reliably and regularly play Sims mobile
Message 4 of 6 (568 Views)

Hero
@TSESCSJSSSRSJS No, what EA_DragonsEye means is that you send them a DM here on AHQ. There is a menu on the upper right corner of this web page. Tap on it and you will find the Inbox.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 6 (565 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SalixCat Thankyou so much. I never knew.
Message 6 of 6 (559 Views)