Re: The Last Tiger Letters Bug

by II__SUSHI__II

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Last Tiger Letters Bug

★★ Novice

Hello!

The Last Tiger mission is bugged for me, as i have completede everything i should, and it is 6/6 letters, but i can't read the letters as it says 0/6 there, and because of that, i dont get the Last Tiger Skin.
Any suggestions?

An picture of the screen: http://prntscr.com/ntauuq

Message 1 of 21 (2,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

@Second-DK wrote:

@globefish23 wrote:

I have exactly this same variation as well.

All challenges and letters checked as completed in the menu, but the letters can't be opened and read, still saying 0/6 there.

In-game all challenges and letters are also completed (6/6).

I tried the fix as well, disabled cloud saves and deleted my local save.

Starting Last Tiger from scratch, all challenges are reset, BUT the letters are still showing up 6/6 as completed at the beginning of Turning Point.

I also got the same problem.. Tried delete settings folder from documents folder, twice and even tried without internet connection..that wont work at all btw. 

Its like it sync from origin even the saves been deleted, And yes, Cloud sync disabled, i did that... 

Whats up with the letters not spawning again? And im a little tired of trying to complete the challenges, when it says letters collected but not readable? 

What to do? Any help?

I think your only option is to contact EA support with a chat session.

Be sure to prepare screenshots from the menus and in-game that show you've completed all challenges and letters.

Then upload those at the start of the chat session.

View in thread

Message 18 of 21 (2,963 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same for me, quite annoying.

Message 2 of 21 (2,471 Views)

★★★★ Novice
turn off cloud saved games in origin settings
Message 3 of 21 (2,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi @PowerTurt, hi @TOASTMAN3713 

the one sentensen from sinlessviper pretty much gives the answer. Here is the full version:

You are suffering from the infamous Letter/Challenge bug,  Since you did not post which gaming plattform you are using, please try the one you use:

For PC:

1. Go to Documents->Battlefield V->settings - Move all files out to desktop,
  2. Within Origin disable the cloud save feature and start game,
  3. Do the mission's you are not getting the challenge counting again -> hopefully get the reward
  4. Close game and put files (see1) back.

For PS4: 

1. Export the game save files to an USB drive.
  2. Delete the game save files in the console.
  3. Start the game. You'll have to adjust contrast and play again the intro.
  4. Now, play the War Story and complete the bugged challenge. It will show correctly achieved.
  5. Close the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.
  6. Start the game, and you'll have your reward at the armory.

For Xbox:

1. Please move the saved file from the Xbox to a USB stick,
  2. Clear local and cloud saves for BFV. (This wont remove multi player data)
  3. Start the game. You'll have to adjust contrast and play again the intro.
  4. Now, play the War Story and complete the bugged challenge. It will show correctly achieved.
  5. lose the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.
  6. Start the game, and you'll have your reward at the armory. 

I hope this works for all of you!  If it does xp appreciated ;-)

Message 4 of 21 (2,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@II__SUSHI__II  I have tried that already, multiple times and it is not working for me Frown But thanks for the help anyway. 

Message 5 of 21 (2,426 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thats bad, what system are you on? Did the other missions work for you?

Message 6 of 21 (2,416 Views)

★★ Novice

@II__SUSHI__II  Im on Pc, and I have not tried any other missons. I can do it but even if they work I stll wont get my tiger skin Frown

Message 7 of 21 (2,397 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @II__SUSHI__II I have tried that solution, and it did not work sadly, the letters does not even spawn/show up any more in the Act 2.

Oh, yeah i forgot to tell what platform i was on, but i am PC, and i have had could sync disable all the time

Message 8 of 21 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Guide

This sucks. the good thing is Last Tiger is the "shortest" of all the single-player missions in BFV. So it is faster to replay.

You guys are actually the first that I encounter where the PC-workaround seems no to be working.

So lets try doing this step by step - and sorry if I am restating what was posted up above. @PowerTurt  cloud sync disabling is only making sure you do not pull the mission progression from the EA servers again. The essential is that you delete the files mentioned in my initial post as well. When you did both and than log into the game it should show 0/6 letters 0/9 challenges. Please try again and report back if that is the case.

If so  -Since it is only the letters you are missing, forget about the challenges chose EASY and collect the letters only.

@TOASTMAN3713agreed, you will not get the Tank skin, I was only curious, if the other solo missions did work for you alright.

Message 9 of 21 (2,373 Views)

★★ Novice

@II__SUSHI__III just tried that solution again, and it does not show 0/6 letters and 0/9 challenges on the screen.
I moved the files from the dokument folder, into a folder on the desktop.

Message 10 of 21 (2,365 Views)