Textures loading slow

by AlexxRezz

Original Post

Textures loading slow

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, since a week my textures are taking a lot to load, even weapons, bins etc. look like texture streaming budget on 'none', and then they load after seconds when i look (for example when i look at a bin from a short distance). This happens with every texture streaming budget, so idk. I have my game in a SSD, and my GPU is 1660 6gb. This never happened before, or at least it wasn't THAT noticeable. GPU i7 7700k. Any help? This is really hurting me

Message 1 of 11 (582 Views)

Re: Textures loading slow

★ Pro
@AlexxRezz take a look at videoconfig.txt (\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local) and the line
setting.r_lod_switch_scale

normal values are between 0.6-1 but you can set a higher value like 5, try it if it changes anything.. there might be a performance penalty doing this
Message 2 of 11 (569 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Konform103 Hi! I tried but unfortunately it didn't work
Message 3 of 11 (535 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@AlexxRezz Of course I tried to repair and re-install but it didn't work
Message 4 of 11 (533 Views)

Hey @AlexxRezz 

Few questions to have more information.
Are you using any launch commands?
Have you followed any performance guides?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 11 (530 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers Hi! I'm not using any launch commands and I only tweaked something in NVIDIA Control Panel, but I always had some setting changed (such as low latency mode, prefer maximum performance etc.) and it never happened before
Message 6 of 11 (520 Views)

Hey @AlexxRezz 

Thanks for the information, have you already tried to revert those changes and see if that was the issue ?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 11 (491 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers Yes I did with no results, I also tried to clean uninstall and re-install gpu drivers but didn't work
Message 8 of 11 (485 Views)

Rif.: Textures loading slow

★★★ Apprentice
@AlexxRezz im reposting my post on reddit...can't figure out a solution
Hello, my game is running like *. I have a choppy gameplay. My setup is: nvidia geforce 1660 super, i7 7700k, 16 gb ram, 144hz monitor with gsync with everything on low. 3-4 weeks ago (randomly I guess, cause i didn't do anything), my game started to run very bad and not loading or loading the textures really slow. I tried every texture streaming budget, but everyone load slow and feels like having 'none'. I tried none but it still feels glitchy and ofc orrible to play. I don't know what to do, i tried everything from drivers to repair, clean uninstall of the game, switching from ssd to hdd but nothing seems to work. This happened randomly, the textures were loading normally before. And i think this problem is causing me some graphic lag. Or maybe it's not the issue of my choppy gameplay, but i want to fix this cause i'ts driving me crazy. Here's a video i did, youtube * up the quality so you can't see too much, but if you look at the start (glitchy loading screen), 2:38,4:04, 4:59 you can undertand what i mean.
https://youtu.be/QxfbKBBRYAc
Message 9 of 11 (449 Views)

★ Guide
Message 10 of 11 (425 Views)