Re: Texture Pop in issue Apex Legends

by Aerozolic

Original Post

Community Manager

Thanks for giving that a shot. 

I'll forward up these details for a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 25 (2,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I noticed today too that even in the world textures "pop in". At first some very basic texture is shown and then it loads/renders it. That happens in loading screen, and in the map as well.

Message 12 of 25 (2,320 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem!! And this is something that didn't happen in the past...all that changed was me having 16GBs of RAM instead of 8 and the driver version of the GPU. I literally formatted my PC last week because of Apex constantly crashing, so I have a clean install of windows, a clean install of Apex (which I already did repair at least 3 times since then) and almost no apps installed. One of the things that I also noticed is that some textures, especially bins, will be just a smudge, load in, then revert to the low quality version and just cycle between the intended texture and the very very low quality one...

I changed nothing, the settings are all the same since basically launch (medium high), my FPS are constant (I limited them to 80), my GPU is RX 480 with 8GBs of VRAM and my CPU is a Ryzen 2600. I should not be having these texture pop ins.

Message 13 of 25 (2,261 Views)

★ Apprentice
@NecrunUwU hey did u fix it? im just having this problem now. the textures are not even loading properly. i cant see enemies and teammates sometimes only their weapons. ive repaired it but it still doesnt work
Message 14 of 25 (2,151 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue as well.  I have done a clean install of Nvidia drivers (running newest 452.06), repaired game, disabled windows updates, forcednovsync

I think its just a part of this game unfortunately. 

Message 15 of 25 (2,006 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Kent,

Any updates on this issue?  it's still very much there as of 8/23/2020

Message 16 of 25 (2,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem, but it isn’t as bad sometimes, my memory never tops out for usage and only some character skins are blurry in the select screen?
Message 17 of 25 (1,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello. I am just wondering is there a fix for that?

Message 18 of 25 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Novice

So is there any fix for that?

Message 19 of 25 (1,521 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@punkallready They are never going to fix this. It's simply a problem with the game engine but with that being said I assume it's a similar engine of Titanfall one and two and the issue isn't nearly as bad or identifiable in that game.... In fact it's a hell of a lot smoother and I don't even notice it at all really.

So I'm not sure if respawn just doesn't care or if there's no way to fix it.... or if it's just a poorly optimized game compared to Titanfall one and two but I sure wish they would fix it!!!!
Message 20 of 25 (1,517 Views)