Re: Terrible mouse stutter after Feb update

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Terrible mouse stutter after Feb update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a problem with terrible mouse stutters in a recent update. The sensitivity feels different with every move of the mouse. DX11/12 gives the same result. FFR on/off also. Changing process priority also does nothing. The only thing that helps a little bit is changing mouse pooling rate to the lowest, but even then the lag/sensitivity issues are still there. These issues were not a thing before this update.

EDIT: Mouse is wired, works perfectly fine in every other game. Origin overlay is off. CPU usage sits at around 80%, GPU 50-70-ish. 16GB RAM in dual channel. 

Message 1 of 2 (393 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Killtheradio wrote:

I have a problem with terrible mouse stutters in a recent update. The sensitivity feels different with every move of the mouse. DX11/12 gives the same result. FFR on/off also. Changing process priority also does nothing. The only thing that helps a little bit is changing mouse pooling rate to the lowest, but even then the lag/sensitivity issues are still there. These issues were not a thing before this update.

EDIT: Mouse is wired, works perfectly fine in every other game. Origin overlay is off. CPU usage sits at around 80%, GPU 50-70-ish. 16GB RAM in dual channel. 

I'm not sure if you're running AMD or NVIDIA, but stutters were reduced for me after the patch by putting my settings in NVIDIA Control panel to balanced (it defaulted to quality after the driver update) and dictated that it use the GPU for PhysX processing instead of allowing it to choose.  It reduced the random CPU spikes that cause a split second of freezing that BF5 was giving me since launch. If you have an NVIDIA GPU it might be worth a try. Also check your graphics settings as after the last patch and driver update many NVIDIA users stated their settings were all set to Ultra.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (352 Views)

All Replies

@Killtheradio wrote:

I'm not sure if you're running AMD or NVIDIA, but stutters were reduced for me after the patch by putting my settings in NVIDIA Control panel to balanced (it defaulted to quality after the driver update) and dictated that it use the GPU for PhysX processing instead of allowing it to choose.  It reduced the random CPU spikes that cause a split second of freezing that BF5 was giving me since launch. If you have an NVIDIA GPU it might be worth a try. Also check your graphics settings as after the last patch and driver update many NVIDIA users stated their settings were all set to Ultra.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 2 (353 Views)