Terrible Lag/Rubber-banding in GW2 - PVZ

by lucifer_corvus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Terrible Lag/Rubber-banding in GW2 - PVZ

★ Novice

Hi!

I'm playing GW2PVZ Deluxe Edition on PS4 Pro.

I have had so much trouble with lag in the games that it drove me crazy this entire weekend (and Monday). 

The main symptom is lag and rubber-banding to a point where the game is unplayable. A times, the symptoms tend to improve but then they start again.

It almost exclusively happens with Welcome Mat, Team Vanquish and Turf Takeover. The other modes that I've tried are Garden and Graveyard Ops where I hosted the game and there it worked fine.

Experienced no problems in connecting to game (both at login and connecting to match). 

Here are some further specifications and details:

1. Region: Europe (reported ping speed in-game 65-85), US-East ping speed around 135). I live in Denmark.

2. Tried playing other MMO games such as Overwatch - no problem at all - super-crispy gameplay.

3. Streaming services such as Netflix and Spotify work perfectly.

4. Tried resetting router, restarting PS4 and turning off/on - didn't help.

5. Tried switching to wired connection from WiFi - saw no improvement. 

The thing that is really annoying to me is that if this was some game that I just bought on discount - fine, uninstall and goodbye, but I actually love this game, I played GW1 a lot of PS3 plus I poured a ton of money into coins for GW2 and I wanted the thing to work.

I am very well aware that serves can sometimes be laggy, or down etc. - but I cannot have 5 days in a row of this!

Normally when this thing happens - it's 1-2 days and then everything is okay again. Having 5 consecutive days of this makes me think that it's more of a rule than an exception.

People - what is your experience with lag/rubber-banding and how frequently does it happen to you and what do you do when it does?

How does EA handle these things normally?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11 (7,464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrible Lag/Rubber-banding in GW2 - PVZ

Community Manager

@lucifer_corvus If you are having  issues with your connection, then I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (7,649 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@lucifer_corvus If you are having  issues with your connection, then I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (7,650 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko I have tried doing all of those things (except changing the channel) and none of those things helped. Additionally, I have no problems with other games of the same type. And just to add an update - since my original post - this has been happening continuously. Within this time period - connection problems with EA servers have also been reported on downdetector.com

The surprising thing to me is that after resetting the router and switching to a wired connection, which I have done - the problem persists and there is no change in ping values at all. My connection speed, when measured independently, improves slightly, as would be expected.

I am very certain that this is an EA server problem and nothing on my side. I cannot be the only person experiencing this and I have seen similar reports about this on both this forum and elsewhere.

Message 3 of 11 (7,301 Views)

Community Manager

@lucifer_corvus Have you ran the UO Trace and opened the ports? 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (7,299 Views)

★ Novice

No I have not done that. I repeat myself again here - why am I not experiencing problem with other games such as Overwatch?

Instead of giving me a run-around here - could you please tell me more about reliability and down times of EA servers so I know what to expect?

Message 5 of 11 (7,296 Views)

Community Manager

@lucifer_corvus Every game is different, one game may work fine and then a minute later you may see issues.  The issues you are describing are connection based issues and not server issues. Please run through the troubleshooting steps that I linked you to above.

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (7,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

/I'm also having similar issue. I'm gonna start a post. 

Message 7 of 11 (5,786 Views)

★ Novice
@Eblanc2012 Good idea, because the issue is still there.
Message 8 of 11 (5,778 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did used google DNS and that helped a little bit. I don't rubberband huge steps, now it's tiny teleportations. 

Also your modem, is it port forwarding? sometimes it's better to disable port forwarding and enable "Ubpn" (something along those lines)

good luck

Message 9 of 11 (5,774 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try this. 

Benchmark DNS.

It finds the fastest DNS available to you and your ISP. then you put this on your PS4. I used google and it helped me a bit. try this, and tell me if it helps you.

Page with info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/96oxsh/fastest_public_dns/

Actual program:

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Message 10 of 11 (5,772 Views)