Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Tempest planet depart cutscenes too long - no option to just visit the Tempe

by JakePT

Original Post

Tempest planet depart cutscenes too long - no option to just visit the Tempest

★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Disc Based Install
Summarize your bug The Tempest planet depart cutscenes are too long for their own good and when wanting to check emails or change your loadout when not in an open planet map, theres no option to just visit the ship. You are forced to leave the planet and endure the looooooooong cutscenes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either give us the option in ground stations/ports to change your loadout and check emails, or add the option to visit the Tempest for that reason WITHOUT completely departing the planet to do so.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

I cant be the only person to be getting sick of the fact that i'm forced to entirely depart the planet to change my loadout and check my emails when not visiting an open planet map with forward stations dotted about the place. We either need the option to do that in ports/Nexus/Hyperion/Caves etc, or we need to have the button press option of visiting the Tempest only WITHOUT departing the planet. I believe this would help the story flow on Kadara in particular where in Reyes and Sloanes story arc this is necessary to progress the main journal story missions/objectives.

Alternatively cut the planet depart cutscene down, or speed it up (whichever is easiest).

Message 1 of 9 (523 Views)

Re: Tempest planet depart cutscenes too long - no option to just visit the Tempe

★★★★ Guide

Or just give us the logical option of skipping cutscenes...? Even ME2 had that. Seriously, leaving Eladeen was fun for the first time with those bug things in focus, but nobody wants to watch that every time.

Message 2 of 9 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I'd also like to see the option of visiting the Tempest without having to depart to orbit every time.

Message 3 of 9 (505 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Concur, and the fact that you can skip conversations makes it even more infuriating.

My guess is that the devs are using the cutscenes to hide loading time, ala the infamous elevator in ME1. If so, they are kinda being idiots. DAI had this figured out by giving us interesting things to read during loading times and letting your machine determine how fast it could load content (ironically meaning that people with better rigs never had the time to read the background text).

Message 4 of 9 (488 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the tempest should just be loaded on every planet. So you can walk into the tempest like an open door and walk out. The squadmates not in your party hang around the ship or outside it in outposts or something. Couldn't be too hard to do right? 

Message 5 of 9 (478 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@HalfthemanMarco wrote:

I think the tempest should just be loaded on every planet. So you can walk into the tempest like an open door and walk out. The squadmates not in your party hang around the ship or outside it in outposts or something. Couldn't be too hard to do right? 

Have you been on the Tempest? Thing can barely keep itself loaded when you're there. Large smile

Message 6 of 9 (467 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The possibility to return to the tempest without living the planet would be very nice!
Message 7 of 9 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If for one would LOVE to gaze at my settlements through the windows of the Tempest... ^_^

Message 8 of 9 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Best place to see the Settlements is from the Tempest!  otherwise your having to run around with armor on and 2 dum dum's falling all over the place.

Biggest issue i have right now and its almost making it so I want to go do something else, is that Shield Augment is only sold on Nexus that I can find so far, and they only have 1.  I need 10, so I have to go down to Nexus, buy 1, go back to tempest watch the 2 minutes cut scene over and over...

Message 9 of 9 (408 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help