Telia ISP - My ping is doubled, what to do?

by salkinb

Original Post

Re: My ping is doubled, what to do?

★ Novice

Same!

from 4-6 ms to 20+ ms

doesnt matter what type of server you choose

Message 11 of 54 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, all.

For those that have Telia as your ISP are you noticing any difference with your ping in other games and have you reached out to Telia to verify whether there are any known issues they are aware of from their side? 

Which game modes are you experiencing higher ping on?

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 54 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The issues stretch to at least FIFA but I havent tried any non EA sports games. Telia customer service have been contacted by multiple people but they havent been able to detect any known issues on their end. The add to delay is very noticable in competitive gameplay, and we (the whole swedish community) would very much appreciate if you looked in to this. 

Message 13 of 54 (909 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no raise in latency when playing for example Call of Duty, have only seen this change in NHL 21 unfortunately.

Message 14 of 54 (868 Views)

★★★ Novice

Like someone said its only on NHL and FIFA. Good ping on speedtest and other games.

Message 15 of 54 (855 Views)

Community Manager

@salkinb  @MisterAmbassador  @peralfons 

Thank you for getting back with your findings. Okay, I'll need your Gamertag/PSN ID and let me know which mode(s) you're experiencing this higher ping in. I'll swing it over to the engineers to see if there were any back-end changes done recently that could be impacting you all with this ISP. 

Thanks!

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 54 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I cant speak for everyone, and I cant confirm until later tonight but it seems to be working now, tried a FUT Match during lunch and it was back to the normal ping again. I’ve heard similiar reports from NHL as well. 

If you still want to fail search on your end (if it would happen again) my PSN ID is LastMandalorian and the ping-problem was across all online game modes.

Message 17 of 54 (805 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry It was good yesterday, today its bad, after the ps network maintenance last night
Message 18 of 54 (750 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The issues are back on both NHLand Fifa. It worked yesterday, now bad again. Exaclty the same issues as before.

Message 19 of 54 (744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please EA, the issues are still not fixed. Europes biggest competitive NHL 6v6 league starts next week, please update us on the situation.

Message 20 of 54 (700 Views)