Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Task Cold Hard Cache Bugged

by BlueBomber30XX

Original Post

Highlighted

Task Cold Hard Cache Bugged

★★★★ Novice

I find all of the caches and get a nav point. I go to the nav point, kill the raiders in the area, walk up to the nav point and nothing happens. I tried restarting the game, going to a fast travel point, going off planet. I decided to wait and see if maybe doing other things would do it so I went to another system in the game and did stuff there and just went back to Kadara, killed the new group of raiders that spawned, a couple standing in the middle of the air unresponsive, and again walked up to the nav point, which is a bunch of crates and nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 20 (11,621 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Task Cold Hard Cache Bugged

Isn't that the one where you have to stop the shuttle from taking explosives offworld??  Did you blow up the explosives??  I seem to remember having to kill two platforms worth of enemies, and blow up the explosives to get it to show complete.  Don't know if you just got unlucky and trigger failed..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 20 (11,587 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

You need to destroy the red barrels on the landing plattform. Once thats done, the mission should progress normally.

Message 3 of 20 (11,581 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I remember that mission and I don't think it is linked, but thank you. I did do the mission where you destroy the shuttle and I blew up the canisters. I'll head back to Kadara and get screenshots of what I am talking about.

Message 4 of 20 (11,575 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Probably going to have to make a couple of posts it doesn't like the file sizes

Message 5 of 20 (11,568 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

And here is Ryder standing on the nav point.

Message 6 of 20 (11,562 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, Assuming you cannot load an earlier savegame, try some of the following stuff:

• Try using the scanner to find something
  • switch to the combat-engineering profile, which highlights enemies through walls when you enter scoped view
  • look around for datapads and chests
  • re-enter the area AND fast-travel to assure everything is loaded again
  • look in your journal for some hints, you might be surprised
  • if nothing else helps, reload an earlier savegame, as this mission is (as far as I remember), crucial to build an outpost

If you reload an earlier save prior to receiving this quest and the error still persists, the problem is a pebcak.

Hope this helped. Wink

Message 7 of 20 (11,553 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response. I had tried all of that minus the going to an earlier saved game. I had done so much by this point that I am not sure how far back I would have to go. As for it being a user issue, the instructions are to go to the nav point. I went to the nav point, stood on top of it. I hope someone has a solution.

Message 8 of 20 (11,518 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
I have the exact same bug. After finding the 3 caches and destroying the explosives and stopping the shuttle from leaving the planet I received another Nav point to some crates just up the hill from where you destroy the explosives. I get there and then literally nothing just a Nav point sitting on the corner of some crates with nothing to scan or interact with.
Message 9 of 20 (11,506 Views)
Highlighted

That quest is the one that leads to destroying the shuttle.  I think it triggered an extra time for me but cleared when I found a data pad by scanning the locations.  If you have defeated the shuttle and all, then the quest SHOULD be over...but like I said, I got the notification twice and it still managed to clear....luckily for me....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 10 of 20 (11,496 Views)
Twitter Stream