Re: Taking constant fire damage on Chapter 1: The Huny

by Daelius

Original Post

Taking constant fire damage on Chapter 1: The Huny

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a very pressing issue with my Bounty Hunter Merc on Chapter 1: The Hunt for KoTFE.

After getting so far, I'm at a point where I can#t go any further because I'm taking constant fire damage even though I'm not standing in any fire. And it becomes more intense the longer the fire effect lasts. No matter where I go, what I do the fire damage persists and then I die. I can't even leave the area because of this.

I made two tickets and neither have been responded to at all. 

Even though it says the medcenter is 114meters away, it spawns me at that point.

https://gyazo.com/7dd7c26bfb0bb133be99c25cf1265f18

https://gyazo.com/47cc79112e00033cdb151ca25ded18f3

https://gyazo.com/26f71a4486724547ee92580ca6c73955

I just need some help, since the actual ingame tickets provides to be nothing more than a waste of my time as always.

Message 1 of 20 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another image of what is actually killing me.

https://gyazo.com/7fcc1702d34cc2cd1698e03f2b1ae30f

Message 2 of 20 (1,834 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That's very odd. Did you try going to your stronghold? That should always be possible. Then you can go back to the chapter and maybe you no longer take fire damage.

In the worst case, you'd have to reset the quest but then you'll have to redo it from the start.

Message 3 of 20 (1,829 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me.  I tried going to the stronghold, going to the Fleet and resetting the story, but always when I get back to that spot (and I don't even go near any fire) I gain the 'On Fire' state and slowly die.  Pretty frustrating.

Message 4 of 20 (1,797 Views)

@Daelius wrote:

Same thing is happening to me.  I tried going to the stronghold, going to the Fleet and resetting the story, but always when I get back to that spot (and I don't even go near any fire) I gain the 'On Fire' state and slowly die.  Pretty frustrating.

Have you tried resetting your active phases or abandoning the mission and starting it over (if it's a class mission you may not be able to abandon it).

Regarding going to fleet or to your SH, go there, then log out and when you log back in and hit return to the planet (if in SH) you should spawn a the space station circling the world rather than at the exact last point you were on fire. if you log out on the fleet simply take you ship back to the planet and return to the surface as usual and you should be good to go.

If you can't leave the area due to being in combat due to the fire try typing the /stuck command in the chat console which should kill you and choose to respawn at the medical station.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 20 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You don't get it man it doesn't matter, am having the same issue I've tried all those things, continually burn after i re spawn, I go to my stronghold and come back, character is still burning, also it doesn't matter how many times I die, or hit the stuck button my character continues to burn, I also tried to reset, once I get to that spot the exact same thing happens again.

Message 6 of 20 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this problem ever get resolved? I've just used my one level boost token to try and get back into this game after not playing for over a year and I can't progress at all. I have left the mission. I have reset it, I have even restarted my computer just in case and every time it just hits me with the status condition

Message 7 of 20 (1,613 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Matt_R_Knock

I'm not exactly sure what happened or what fixed it, but your character is no longer on fire. If you catch on fire again and can't douse yourself, feel free to reply to this thread again.

Message 8 of 20 (1,598 Views)

★★ Novice

It's just happened to me so there is no fix yet I guess.  It's been how long since this topic started?  I went to stronghold. I went to fleet.  I died.  I tried /stuck.  I reset by changing modes.  That is the only way you seem to be able to reset KOTFE chapters.  I still cannot finish chapter 1.  I'm paying a subscription for this game.  Can I get an answer?

Message 9 of 20 (1,267 Views)

★★ Guide

I never encountered this bug, but I heard of it. 

All phase issues or effect issues should be reset with a maintenance. But you can also try the following: 

1. Travel to the fleet

2. Reset the Chapter (via Missionlog)

3. Log out with the character for 20 minutes

It is important that you log out for 20 minutes because the server will keep temporary data for 15 minutes. This is called soft reset and also helps with stuck characters or a stuck fight status. Be aware that this will also reset all phases. 

Message 10 of 20 (1,254 Views)