Re: Tab into inventory sometimes just shows a blank screen instead of my invento

by PhazurR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tab into inventory sometimes just shows a blank screen instead of my inventory

★★★★ Novice

Since the patch, my inventory sometimes does not work. I'll hit tab and it'll just show a blank screen with my windows cursor (I will try and get a screenshot tonight to add, currently at work).

This is super annoying, because not only does this mean I can't see what's in my inventory, it also means I can't swap anything around in my inventory or drop things. Usually I can fix it by hitting esc twice to get to the settings/leave match screen, then hitting tab after, or just spamming tab until the inventory finally shows up.

This is obviously quite annoying as it impedes smooth looting or inventory management.

Also in a totally unrelated note. What is up with the hit reg? I've had some games where I die early after fighting 1 squad and my stacking hit counter'll show like 140 or so dmg before I go down, but the match recap will show that I only did like 50 dmg?

Message 1 of 4 (1,081 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tab into inventory sometimes just shows a blank screen instead of my invento

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@AbsyntheM1nded 

The UI disappearing is a known issue and they're working on it I believe.

Anyways, please try removing +cl_showfps 4 from your launch options. Either change it to +cl_showfps 1 or remove it entirely (try both).

Let me know if the problem persists.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,064 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@AbsyntheM1nded 

The UI disappearing is a known issue and they're working on it I believe.

Anyways, please try removing +cl_showfps 4 from your launch options. Either change it to +cl_showfps 1 or remove it entirely (try both).

Let me know if the problem persists.

Message 2 of 4 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PhazurR took the command out and so far it seems to have fixed it
Message 3 of 4 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AbsyntheM1nded 

Good to hear the workaround helped you. If you still wish to see your FPS, here's an alternative:

1. Open Origin.
  2. Click Origin in the top menu bar.
  3. Choose Application Settings.
  4. Select the Origin In-Game tab.
  5. Under During Gameplay, choose where to display the FPS counter
Message 4 of 4 (1,032 Views)