T.Flight Hotas One not signing in to Star Wars Squadrons

by grendeloak

Original Post

T.Flight Hotas One not signing in to Star Wars Squadrons

★★★ Newbie

I have a T.Flight Hotas One to play with Star Wars Squadrons on X-Box.

The joystick works when I have used a X-Box game pad to start up but when I try and just use the flight stick it will not recognise the A button to let me start/sign in to the game.

I can play for a short while with the stick after logging in with the game pad but as soon as the X-Box Pad turns itself off I am logged out of the game and the flight stick no longer works until I turn the X-Box game pad on again.

I have tried disconnecting everything but the flight stick and restarting the X-Box but then it will not recognise the flightstick A button to allow me to log in, only a X-Box game pad..

How can I get the X-Box Star Wars Squadrons to sign in the flight stick without using a X-Box game pad ?

Message 1 of 16 (2,012 Views)

Re: T.Flight Hotas One not signing in to Star Wars Squadrons

★ Novice

I havent tried it yet but I found this:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/guides/update-tflight-hotas-one-star-wars-squadrons

Hope it helps us all. Goodluck!

Message 2 of 16 (1,949 Views)

★★ Novice

updated my T.Flight One to FW 1.17 without success

Message 3 of 16 (1,925 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Could do with EA TOM to see if the Devs are aware of this and it will be fixed ASAP. Thought they would have fixed it in today's patch. Could do with knowing when will be fixed.

Message 4 of 16 (1,917 Views)

★ Novice

I finally got around to updating this as well but it didn't work. So far I just keep my controller plugged in via usb so it doesnt time out. anyone else have any success?

Message 5 of 16 (1,862 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately so far this is the only way to play. It's ridiculous I hope EA will solve this issue soon, otherwise my Xbox controller battery life will be way shorter than it supposed to be Frown

Message 6 of 16 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Curious, does the Xbox Controller turn off after a while if you connect it to the Xbox with an USB cable as well? If not, it may be a workaround to have it connected via USB while you play.

Message 7 of 16 (1,791 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Cave_Waverider it dosn't turn off while connected with usb cable, but if you playing the game like this you will kill your battery in the controller. I'm playing the game like this and I'm wondering is it worth it. In long term it's an additional cost that I need to pay for playing the game Frown
Message 8 of 16 (1,742 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Cave_Waverider The controller will not shut off and the battery will not be affected if removed. This is the only work around that I have found that works.
Message 9 of 16 (1,724 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wrong. Tried all the Workarounds with batteries, cables, Elite controllers. They ALL shut off after a few minutes. EA needs to fix this problem already!

Message 10 of 16 (1,710 Views)