Re: T.Flight Hotas One not signing in to Star Wars Squadrons

by PultzH

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@Imperialish Plugging in with a cable makes no difference. Idle controllers will turn off after a few minutes. No way around it.
Message 11 of 16 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

"Wrong. Tried all the Workarounds with batteries, cables, Elite controllers. They ALL shut off after a few minutes. EA needs to fix this problem already!"

Did you try a USB Data cable or just a charge cable? If it's the latter, you might want to try the former. I've been using a Data cable on my Xbox One X and the controller doesn't turn off while I play on my HOTAS One.

Message 12 of 16 (400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here.  Plus, I gotta have the controller on for the headset since Thrustmaster didn't include that on the flight stick, which is stupid in itself. But all in all, it's still worth it.  Fun with the flightstick even if I have to have a conroller on for the headset.  

Message 13 of 16 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

"Wrong. Tried all the Workarounds with batteries, cables, Elite controllers. They ALL shut off after a few minutes. EA needs to fix this problem already!"

"Plugging in with a cable makes no difference. Idle controllers will turn off after a few minutes. No way around it."

@DIRTONAFrook I'm not sure what you are doing or how you are doing it, but having my controller plugged into the console at the same time as my Hotas absolutely solves the issue for me. I have done it with both the OEM and Elite controllers. 

That being said, I do have to use the "A" button on the controller when the screen says "Press A to play as Outlaw23V" but that is the only small issue that I have experienced with this setup. 

But, I (as does everyone else, I'm sure) do agree with you that EA or MS or whomever, needs to get this fixed!

Message 14 of 16 (379 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Outlaw23V Yes. That is the issue. I can get the HOTAS to work, but regardless of the joypad controller state or being plugged in, the game will freeze and say press the A button as soon as the controller turns off about every 10 minutes. Which is unpreventable. Serious bug and making it impossible to play multiplayer effectively with a HOTAS.
Message 15 of 16 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@DIRTONAFrook I had the same problem and solved it by using another USB cable, it needs to be a cable capable of firmware updating the controller ie. a datacable and not just a chargercable.
Message 16 of 16 (326 Views)