Swtor wont play/Install or patch. -100%

by Naarati

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Swtor wont play/Install or patch. -100%

★★ Novice

I tried to boot up swtor earlier today and noticed that the game wouldnt let me. As shown below on the attached image, it was simply stuck on the screen like that, with nothing happening on the launcher and everything greyed out. When I tried to click the repair, it wouldnt let me, and when I quit it told me I was doing a patch. So I opened it up again and let it wait for a couple of hours to see if that changed anything, but it was still the same.

I've tried running the diagnostic tool, and it gave no result, i tried to fiddle with the bitrader troubleshooting ive looked up & i tried to look over my firewall. I then tried the "fixlauncher" file in my folder, but that reverted the launcher back to a pre- hutt cartel launcher and refused to give me an option to login to force an update since the "services are no longer available".

This prompted me to re-download the game and uninstall it entierly(something that is rough for me since it takes days to do so). However upon installing, after the launcher had patched itself automatically to the latest version, I was met with the second picture. A weird "ST" text on the side, no visible download bar, but instead a "-100%" text & a download rate that jumps from between 100 KB/s to 500, to 4000 MB/S and back at random intervalls. I left it running for over an hour and nothing had changed, so I quit the launcher and restarted. This forced it to change, but I lack a picture of it so I will explain it.

The ST text was there, as was the lack of a download bar, but now where it said -100%, it was instead "installing" and a steadily updating percental number. However, it got stuck at 25% and refused to move on, so I rebooted it again. Which gave me the same situation as the first image, just an empty launcher and greyed out play button.

I have tried everything at this point, every troubleshoot article I could find, everythin regarding firewall, rebooting computer, diagnostic tools etc. I've even tried to reinstall and it's giving me exactly the same issue in a repeated loop. I'm currently on the 5th time trying and on the same stage as the "client2" image, and just gonna let it be because i cant do anything else.

But I'm wondering if anyone has -any- tips and helps? Or have seen anything like this. I'll also throw in that i tried to read the launcher logs everytime before i rebooted the launcher too, and it never told me there was an error. It either said litterally nothing at all(As in not even telling me I had launched the launcher, no logs for that attempt), or that it was all fine and just "pending" some asset downloading.

Message 1 of 3 (711 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Swtor wont play/Install or patch. -100%

@Naarati 

What antivirus are you using ? make sure launcher.exe is in the exception lists

repair on the launcher only works for non streaming and only after login, otherwise repair is per this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (637 Views)

All Replies

@Naarati 

What antivirus are you using ? make sure launcher.exe is in the exception lists

repair on the launcher only works for non streaming and only after login, otherwise repair is per this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (638 Views)

★★ Novice

Im using F-Secure, and I have made sure the launcher.exe is accepted by it.

Following your repair link and it's instructions yesterday did force the launcher to work and the game has now almost been re-downloaded Standard smile I've still had an issue with the odd ST text, and the download not displaying anything other than a % of how much is done, and also having no pause feature at all, but atleast its been working.

Message 3 of 3 (604 Views)