Re: Swtor stuck on loading screen

by alphaorion007

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. Tried to log in and getting stuck on the loading screen.

Message 21 of 37 (23,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The Flush dns did not work for me

Message 22 of 37 (23,756 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just delete the BitRaider folder .....And also delete DiskCacheArena ..

It works for me.. now I can log into game... 

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6813668&postcount=2

Message 23 of 37 (23,752 Views)

★★ Novice

Flushing did not work on my end.

Message 24 of 37 (23,730 Views)

This should be resolved now

See here

Hey everyone!

We have completed the switch to a different ISP, and are showing recovery across all of the West Coast servers. There will still be some trouble connecting as everyone tries to log in at once, but it will clear up soon.

If you're still having problems logging in, back all the way back your desktop and open the Launcher again and attempt to connect.

Thank you for your patience!

-Tait

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 25 of 37 (25,860 Views)

★ Apprentice

It still happends to me today ...... 

Message 26 of 37 (23,673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi!

You wont believe, but my sisters gaming desktop was built 2 days ago, we made a fresh system install with swotor, my friend tried it when tested the pc and made into the game and level up the cahracter on european server to level 5.

When he tried to logon second time after a few days, it stuck and the same issue happening, the game simply not responding, the spinning wheel spin for 4 sec than nothing happening game absolutly stuck, and this desktop was built as a gamer pc for 2000$ which has gtx g1 980.

My sister was able to run the game on my home laptop, but now her gaming desktop and my working laptop has still the same issue.

I called the helpdesk second time and second time i got nothing, he said it is from my end because of god knows what he said, but all what i got in the email is the following:

Once you have your system ready for the install, install as you would normally but when the game starts downloading through the launcher, please cancel the download and convert from streaming to non-streaming. Here's how:

1. Restart the PC to ensure no Launcher or patching processes are running in the background.

2. Go to the SWTOR install directory, located here by default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

3. Open the 'launcher.settings' file in Notepad and change the following line:

From…

“bitraider_disable” : false

…to…

“bitraider_disable” : true - save the file.

4. Delete the following folders from the install directory (if applicable):
- Assets
- BitRaider
- swtor
- Movies

I still dont believe that these things would prevent the game from  starting... why my friend on the gamer desktop was able to play first time without a problem than on the second login he got the same "stuck,,  as what my working laptop have.. he also deactivated bitraider and deleted the whole folder. 

Here is my DX diax

Message 27 of 37 (23,575 Views)

[ Edited ]

@alphaorion007

If the dxdiag is the working laptop the video card is technically below the minimum requirements and maybe a reason of unable to load

Edit - whilst this is a Intel 4400 it only has 64mb of dedicated ram and minimum is 256mb, try going to intel and hp and try the latest drivers in case it helps.

As to the others look at ensuring there is exceptions for both launcher.exe and swtor.exe in all the Antivirus and Firewall exception lists initially

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 28 of 37 (23,571 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hiya!

Proxos thanks for your support and help first of all, but check this out, the biggest joke is now with our newly built gaming desktop which has a core i5 haswell 4790k  8 gigabyt ram  and a GTX 980 G1 from gigabyte. 

My friend who built the pc could play with the game without any problem first time, he made a character on an european server, than yesterday when i came over to him he tried to log in with the launcher second time, and buuuummmmm same problem as with my laptop.. :S  the game simply die, the loading screen get stuck after 5 seconds than the wheel is also stop spinning.

Third login (now deleted the whole bitraider folder) Loading screen came in, now we heard music in the background, but still nothing dead end, it get stuck at the loading screen.

Why? and how does it possible?  all fresh pc all fresh system, how can it be that he was able to play for the first than was unable to play second time??

Message 29 of 37 (23,561 Views)

@alphaorion007

Given this is EU region can you confirm your currency settings , see here  one symptom is a 90% loading halt

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 30 of 37 (23,554 Views)