Re: Swtor.exe Application Error (0xc0150004)

by proxos666

Original Post

Swtor.exe Application Error (0xc0150004)

★ Novice

Since last week's Windows update to version 1903, and the impending patches since, somehow both my SWTOR and MSI Afterburner have started receiving that error upon trying to start the game.  What I believe may have occurred is that my Visual C++ redist folders all moved locations and I think that both programs in error are pointing to the wrong/previous location.  If that's the case, can I get help finding where the config is and manually point it in the right direction?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the primary Visual C++ redist that SWTOR uses is 2010 x86

To head off any question, yes, I have unistalled SWTOR, uninstalled ALL versions of Visual redist, and manually reinstalled them all (from version 2005 on in both x64 and x86), and then reinstalled SWTOR, and the issue persists.

I'd like to get back to playing the game, so I'd appreciate some help

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 3 (501 Views)

@ZofoToZiggy 

This is a windows issue i believe

run in a command prompt

sfc /scannow 

and if need 

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

you can run a inplace repair per this guide as no programs etc is lost except windows updates 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (490 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, I did come across a help article that also stated to try /scannow and dism, but neither fixed my error.  However, I'll check out that guide when I'm on my computer this evening

Message 3 of 3 (481 Views)