Re: Swtor Referal link is not working

by Jenoteh

Original Post

@Jenoteh 

I am aware for CS to look at anything to do with referral issues they require both accounts to submit a ticket/email

person who's referral you are clicking needs to say he has provided his referral to you and it isnt working

You need to state that you are clicking that persons referral and it is not working

reason for this is that this crosses over 2 accounts yours and the persons referral you try to use, and both need to provide consent/request this to be investigated due to privacy/account security policies.

This cannot be handled over the forums at AHQ

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 21 of 23 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It can't be handled at all, apparently. 

Either referral links don't work at all anymore, or this is a problem specific to me. If people are able to use referral links successfully, if there aren't many people complaining about this problem, then clearly it's the latter. 

But CS evidently has a checklist of fixes they need to try, in exacting order, and just because the most common solution doesn't make any sense in this case, doesn't mean they can skip it to go on to the more likely scenarios. 

It explains much about the bugs in this game, and the way it takes years to get anything fixed. 

So how's this: if someone calls CS, gives them the ticket number I just gave, gives permission for them to check their referral against my account, I'll give you 20 Charged Matter Transubstantiators. I can't send credits by mail and I can't withdraw more than 350k at a time, but I can send stacks of items by mail or securetrade. CMTs go for around 1.5 mil on the GTN, that's in addition to the 100 cc you get for me clicking on your link, plus the 500 cc when I sub, but I'll pay the CMTs immediately [in case it doesn't work]. Unfortunately, I'm limited to SS. If you're on SF, it would be more like 5-6 CMTs.

I've clicked the links of everyone who posted in this thread [who has them in their sig]. They don't work. So, if bribery isn't convincing to you, then hey, maybe this is something affecting the entire game, and wouldn't you like to know if your referral link is broken?

Message 22 of 23 (436 Views)

"This referral already exists." need help

★ Novice

The last time I subbed was a recurring 30 days around January 2019 and I ended it the same month and using the rest of the month of my subscription. the same year, I tried a referral link around august and every time I used any referral link I got "This referral already exists." so I waited until march of 2020 and I still get  "This referral already exists."  I contacted  [edit: email address removed]

they said that my friend had to send in my ticket number. but I didn't get the referral link form my friends.

the referral link I used was from a Reddit link and it didn't work so I tried again from a YouTuber called swotrista. I read the comments on Reddit and on youtube and people can use them just fine. I wish to know if this is only happening with my account and is there a way to fix it. 

links to my referrals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM03JZh67gI 

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/eiex2k/swtor_referral_codes_megathread_january_2020/

Message 23 of 23 (335 Views)