Re: Switching to DX12 causes game to restrict access to online features

by Carbonic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching to DX12 causes game to restrict access to online features

★★ Novice

I thought I got banned at first but it's just a weird bug. I only figured it out because of someone else's forum message. I would've never thought to switch back to DX11 myself, but I can play online again now. 

Would like to try DX12 though because I have some performance problems.

Message 1 of 7 (4,264 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

I believe the upcoming release patch should enable DXR support which is a DX12 feature so let's hope that improves other areas of DX12 support as well.

I want to use DX12 too but not as long as the ONLY thing it does is makes the game run worse, I want the game to use DX12's features and closer hardware control for performance improvements until then it's illogical to want to run it.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (4,139 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
So DX12 is hack? xD

I have that problem too, it's ridiculous
Message 2 of 7 (4,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Me too, support said switch to DX 11, it worked as I could get online but they offered no solutions on how to fix it just told me it errors when I try connect on my account. This is using a MSi gaming x 1080ti, Ryzen 2700x, Asus crosshair hero x470, Gskill trident 16gb (x2 8GB) 3466 mhz ram.

Using latest origin, latest game ready Nvidia drivers for BF5 (fresh new HDD install so no driver conflicts- everything else on the latest drivers - Windows 10 pro x64 bit (latest).

My PC is not exactly obscure hardware /software tbh

Message 3 of 7 (4,215 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same thing here. From what I've seen, this seems to be limited to people running the trial though.
Message 4 of 7 (4,198 Views)

Hero

DX11 runs more stable and 5-15% faster while looking the same. You are not losing anything by playing at DX11.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 7 (4,189 Views)

★★ Novice

I know its not the end of the world, not the point though, Some of us would like to use DX12, for a AAA game to support it and not have it working on launch using the latest hardware is a bit ridiculous. I'm setting aside all the times I've fallen through the world and other issues etc

Message 6 of 7 (4,146 Views)

Hero

I believe the upcoming release patch should enable DXR support which is a DX12 feature so let's hope that improves other areas of DX12 support as well.

I want to use DX12 too but not as long as the ONLY thing it does is makes the game run worse, I want the game to use DX12's features and closer hardware control for performance improvements until then it's illogical to want to run it.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 7 (4,140 Views)