Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Switching Control Inputs

by ki11erarea51

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching Control Inputs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just started the game on PC and using a wired Xbox 360 controller. When moving in menus and then whilst creating my Ryder, I noticed the game would keep reverting back to M&K input, to the point moving a slider would constantly stop as the mouse took over and the cursor appeared onscreen. Even unplugged both keyboard and mouse and the issue still persists

I searched online and on the forum, but I was unable to find a post related to my issue

Checked for controller drivers and my 360 controller is up-to-date. Repaired game also and no issues found

Message 1 of 5 (158 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@XDMPJ Thanks for the post. I know I've played for extended periods with the pad and I haven't encountered this, but there have been scattered reports with similar details to you. 

I think this may be related to overlay software, so to start with can you try disabling Origin In Game? You can do this by clicking "Origin" in the top left of the app, then "Application Settings". Then go tot he Origin In-Game tab and uncheck the box. 

If this proves ineffective you can try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if that has any efffect. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I hope this helps, please let us know how you get on

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (152 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@XDMPJ Thanks for the post. I know I've played for extended periods with the pad and I haven't encountered this, but there have been scattered reports with similar details to you. 

I think this may be related to overlay software, so to start with can you try disabling Origin In Game? You can do this by clicking "Origin" in the top left of the app, then "Application Settings". Then go tot he Origin In-Game tab and uncheck the box. 

If this proves ineffective you can try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if that has any efffect. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I hope this helps, please let us know how you get on

Message 2 of 5 (153 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried a clean boot and the issue went away

Thanks four your help

Message 3 of 5 (135 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the update. You may want to try gradually turning on your usual programs, hopefully you can narrow in on which program is a factor here. 

Cheers. 

Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I had to create an account to give my thanks.

I am primarily a steam user, and have not played a game through origin since Battlefield 4. I downloaded Andromeda about a week ago, and encountered the drifting cursor with an xbox controller. This is a common thing on steam, where the controller settings can default to mouse control with the right analog stick. It is a fairly easy fix by changing the controller options in big picture mode, but the same issue with origin was much more difficult to find a solution to.

I eventually came upon this post, and switching off origin in game solved my issue. No more mouse cursor drift with the controller, wahoo!

So, thank you for this. It ended my frustration and allowed me to finally dive in to my newly downloaded game that had been sitting idle in the background for at least an hour while I surfed forums. Cheers!

Message 5 of 5 (69 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help