Superstar Abilities in Franchise

by lf_vallilo

Original Post

Superstar Abilities in Franchise

★ Novice

Why do the number of superstar abilities differ from Franchise Mode to the rest of the game? Ex.: In my franchise Michael Thomas has only "Route apprentice" and "Route Technician", it seams only the first 2 superstars abilities are available in franchise (same with Cam Jordan, that has not "Edge Threat" in my franchise)

Message 1 of 7 (618 Views)

Franchise Mode

★ Novice

On Franchise Mode, I can't make any changes in the formation substitutions on defense & I'm only allotted two players on defense with Superstar X-Factor, despite having multiple players with X-Factor abilities

Message 2 of 7 (589 Views)

Re: Franchise Mode

★★★ Novice
@Swoop1990 Getting this too. I have found that if you play around with it you can get success, but it’s very annoying.

Like when you select the player you want to substitute, you have to select A (Xbox), and before it pulls up the names of available players to sub, you hit A again. Has to before the subs populate. This will sometimes highlight the players like it should and you can sub as normal. If that doesn’t work, just press LB to cycle offense and defense and refresh the screens and try again. However, this doesn’t work every time, but I actually did sub 2 players successfully last night after playing around with it for a while. Please have this looked at EA. Formation subs don’t highlight players when you are trying to sub and it works intermittently, but we are doing it blind and guessing which player we are subbing is highlighted. Very hard to do this.
Message 3 of 7 (573 Views)

3rd Superstar Ability not carrying over to Franchise Mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? Playstation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 8/30
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? Any
Summarize your bug 3rd superstar ability doesn’t carry over to franchise for any X factor player outside of qb position.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a franchise and look at X factor player
What happens when the bug occurs? They don’t have a 3rd ability
What do you expect to see? 3 abilities on ducking deandre Hopkins
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? Playstation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Milksteak101
Date/time issue occurred 8/30/20 - 10 am
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
What is your Franchise League Name? Every franchise I’ve made
Summarize your bug 3rd superstar ability does not transfer over to franchise. Happens to everyone other than qbs. For me, DeAndre Hopkins, Chandler Jones on Cardinals only have 2 abilities even tho they should have 3.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a franchise in either offline or online from the official roster and look at any player other than qbs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Non qb X factor players only have 2 abilities instead of 3
What do you expect to see? A 3rd superstar ability on players who have it on the normally.

Message 4 of 7 (584 Views)

Re: Superstar Abilities in Franchise

★ Novice

Is it a update coming for this?? 

Message 5 of 7 (518 Views)

Superstar abilities

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Samuelo007
Date/time issue occurred Since the beginning
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
What is your Franchise League Name? Cards
Summarize your bug No superstar abilities in any games and the skill level is always in rookie even if we select any other skill level
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? Wrong level skill and no superstar abilities
What do you expect to see? The skill level we selected and have superstar abilities in game

We select all-madden but when we start the game it turns in rookie... and you see in the picture that murray and hopkins don’t have star abilities

Message 6 of 7 (477 Views)

Re: Superstar abilities

@samuelo00703 I sometimes face a similar bug (only the missing abilities and x-factors; the difficulty level seems to work fine) while playing MUT Solo Challenges. I'm still not sure why this happens but I got the impression that cleaning/deleting the cache reduced the frequency of this bug. the game saves some (user-specific) information in the cache in order to speed up loading processes. if there is something corrupted stored there, it might cause several issues. maybe worth a shot trying that?

how to empty the cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

hope that helps. good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)