Sudden lag and FPS drop that requires restarting the pc In Apex Legends

by Rad985

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sudden lag and FPS drop that requires restarting the pc In Apex Legends

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I have an HP laptop with intel core i7-1065g7, 16GB RAM, Nividia GeForce MX250 4GB VRAM and a 1TB HDD. It's not really great but it still runs the game at 60~70fps with some tweeks to the video settings. But suddenly while playing (in a match or in the range) or even when doing nothing in the lobby the game starts lagging terribly including game sound and everything even my mic input in discord lags and then after it becomes stable the framerate drops to barely 20fps. In order to solve this each time I have to restart my laptop (by shutting it down and booting it again "restart" doesn't solve the issue for some reason). This issue became more frequent recently to the point that sometimes it happens after just one game(used to do it after 2 to 4 hours). I tried turning off the texture streaming budget, making the reslution really low and keeping everything low or disabled, and that didn't work out it still did the same thing after sometime of playing.

Message 1 of 8 (1,703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sudden lag and FPS drop that requires restarting the pc In Apex Legends

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I do appreciate your answer but it's too late I got a new pc like 10 months ago and I even kinda stopped playing apex. I would like to share an answer tho.The problem was that that laptop overheated a lot because it was a little bit on the thin side and didn't have good air flow. A solution I would suggest is to lower your cpu max usage from the power settings which might help a bit.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,508 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @Rad985  whats your hardware usage looking at while playing and when the FPS drops how is your hardware temperaturs looking? 

/Atic

Message 2 of 8 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic looks like i have the same problem as well, but i tried shutting down and restarting and its still the same

Message 3 of 8 (1,574 Views)

EA DICE Team
Will ask you as I asked above, what's your hardware usage looking at while playing and when the FPS drops how is your hardware temperaturs looking? @KurutaAMV

/Atic
Message 4 of 8 (1,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic my cpu usage is at around 30 to 55% and at 50C, I found out the problem. it turns out to be my charger, when I unplug the charger and re plugged it, everything is back to normal. thank you for replying

Message 5 of 8 (1,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I do appreciate your answer but it's too late I got a new pc like 10 months ago and I even kinda stopped playing apex. I would like to share an answer tho.The problem was that that laptop overheated a lot because it was a little bit on the thin side and didn't have good air flow. A solution I would suggest is to lower your cpu max usage from the power settings which might help a bit.

Message 6 of 8 (1,509 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! Standard smile @Rad985

/Atic
Message 7 of 8 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this yet? This has happened to me on and off for the past year or so, where Apex kills the graphical performance of my PC until I restart. Apex is the only application that does this

Message 8 of 8 (726 Views)