Sudden FPS drops making me lose hope in playing APEX

by Mysticalsam89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sudden FPS drops making me lose hope in playing APEX

★★★ Newbie

Greetings,

A problem occurred after the Season 6 update (Maybe irrelevant, but I didn't encounter this problem before). The average 60-80 fps would suddenly drop down to 20-40 without being in a heavy gunfight or anything like that, it could happen when I'm looting. It's really noticeable and it did cost me the game a few times.

MY SPECS:

- i7-8750 @ 2.2 GHz

- 16 GB RAM

- GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 4GB

Troubleshooting done:

- Using all low settings, no V-sync. Texture streaming budget set at 4GB. Nothing.

- Dropped the resolution to 900 instead of 1080(native). Nothing.

- Went to Nvidia control panel, set Apex to always use this graphics card (I'm using a laptop). Nothing.

- Went to the GeForce Experience application, set the settings to max performance and optimized my game to that. Nothing.

I'm running out of ideas, but I stumbled across one last hope and I guess this is my question. Could the CPU be overheating, so a throttle is causing this? How can I test that, and would an 'Undervolting' it solve this?

I'd appreciate any help, because I'm on the verge of quitting Apex if this isn't solved.

Attached are screenshots of the dxdiag, and I'll provide any log/data needed.

Message 1 of 4 (523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sudden FPS drops making me lose hope in playing APEX

★★★ Newbie

I tried a a bundle of solutions all together such as: Adaptive sync, undervolted the CPU, setting Max performance to most options in the nVidia control panel, and now the game is running fine with stable 60+ FPS. I don't know which one did it, but I believe it was the undervolting.

I'll try reverting changes one by one to see which one of them actually fixed this.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Try adaptive vsync

Message 2 of 4 (483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried a a bundle of solutions all together such as: Adaptive sync, undervolted the CPU, setting Max performance to most options in the nVidia control panel, and now the game is running fine with stable 60+ FPS. I don't know which one did it, but I believe it was the undervolting.

I'll try reverting changes one by one to see which one of them actually fixed this.

Message 3 of 4 (473 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Mysticalsam89 thanks for the update! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (436 Views)