Re: Subscription issue still not resolved.

by SturmWolfe

Original Post

Subscription issue still not resolved.

★ Apprentice

Same thing as everyone else.

I cannot subscribe, buy one-time bundles, or add game time for SWTOR.  I get redirected to a Maintenance Page, or I get the message "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."

I've tried using PayPal, credit cards, debit cards, and a digital code bought off Amazon for the past 3 days.  Nothing works.

This has NOT been resolved after the update on 4/1/2020.

Message 1 of 46 (1,325 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too, they really could do with sorting this out. 

Message 2 of 46 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey @bmaz7 and @Marx82

You can Write an email to support@swtor.com.

Edit: It's not the same issue. That what you described is an account issue. 

Message 3 of 46 (1,304 Views)

★ Guide

I tried a few times and not only that but I checked my bank account and it shows:

EA *STAR W 1.00_V 

-$1.00

EA *STAR W 1.00_V 

-$1.00

EA *STAR W 1.00_V 

-$1.00

EA *STAR W 1.00_V 

-$1.00

Is this a joke? You say "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." but then you gladly take $4.00 from me for telling me to use a different credit card?

I will be sending ANOTHER email with a request to refund that $4.00 that EA just ripped me off. 

I am very disappointed!!!

Message 4 of 46 (1,273 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got a reply from the SWTOR CS team.  I don't think they read my email or addressed the issue?  Here was their reply:

"Greetings,

We’re sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We wanted to let you know that the problem you reported has been fixed in the latest Game Update.

Please update your game, log in, and check that everything is now working as it should be.

If you’re still seeing the same problem after updating, let us know.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

Thank you,

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Support Team."

My issue is NOT an in-game issue.  I should be able to subscribe to their service through the SWTOR payment gateway at any time, even if I haven't downloaded the client.  

Message 5 of 46 (1,203 Views)

@Marx82 

what is the swtor username just to confirm if it is linked to this EA account ? 

the error you say you have indicates usually an EA/Origin account issue.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 46 (1,160 Views)

★ Apprentice
@proxos666 My display name is Pheanux (what I enter into the SWTOR launcher). I've never used Origin except to play Anthem during launch week.

I'm a returning player who hasn't touched the game since 2013ish. When I go to the Subscription page, I see a box that says We have a card ending in expiring 07/2013 on file.. When I click on the option in that box that says "Change Billing Method", the page refreshes itself with a red error message at the top: "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."

This is the loop I've been stuck in for days now, and there is no way for me to alter my payment information from the web site.
Message 7 of 46 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A bunch of my follow up posts on this thread are being marked as spam and deleted wtf?

My display name is Pheanux (what I enter into the SWTOR launcher). I've never used Origin except to play Anthem during launch week.

I'm a returning player who hasn't touched the game since 2013ish. When I go to the Subscription page, I see a box that says We have a card ending in expiring 07/2013 on file.. When I click on the option in that box that says "Change Billing Method", the page refreshes itself with a red error message at the top: "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."

This is the loop I've been stuck in for days now, and there is no way for me to alter my payment information from the web site.

Message 8 of 46 (1,050 Views)

★ Apprentice

@proxos666 

My display name is Pheanux (what I enter into the SWTOR launcher). I've never used Origin except to play Anthem during launch week.

Message 9 of 46 (962 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still no progress after SWTOR support's email on Thursday. I've replied to them twice, confirming through tests on a brand new burner account that I can add a subscription/purchase coins on their web site (just not when signed into my real account)

This feels really ugly, and bad. I feel like GDPR and CCPA are both being violated here, and the lack of reading by and communication with the support staff is disappointing.

(Specifically referring to SWTOR email communications here.  Any frustration in these posts is NOT directed to the people replying here, as I know most people here aren't directly related to the game in any official capacity.)

Message 10 of 46 (997 Views)