Subscription error

by DisasterRus187

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Subscription error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone. A couple of days ago I've got a new debit card with the same nubmer because my old one outdated. I tryed to buy a subscription for Swtor, but I get the error. The thing is that during transition the system takes 60 RUB to check my card and everything goes fine, but then it is said that my card outdated or my card info is wrong (but its not), so basicly the system uses my new card to take 60 RUB but tries to adress my older one for subscription payment. I dont know what to do, and there is no way to delete my old card as a method of payment because it doesnt show up in the place where it should. At the end I get an error notification and that's all. I tryed to process the transition a couple of times (its -4$ or 240 RUB) and I dont really sure whether I will get my money back or not. I'm from Russia so calling is not an option tbh - very expensive

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Subscription error

Hero

@DisasterRus187 

The test charge should automatically get refunded back once it expires as it is just a test to ensure the card works.  This usually takes a few days but sometimes you can ask your bank to release it if it doesn't.

As far as changing your payment method on file, log into your swtor.com account, click on Subscription and then in the middle below the different payment options should be a link that says "Change Billing Method".  This will take you to manage your account.  Here it will show your current credit card.  You should be able to click the "Edit" link to make changes, click the X to delete it or add a new credit card and then delete the old one.

Then any new subscription charges should use the new card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (318 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@DisasterRus187 

The test charge should automatically get refunded back once it expires as it is just a test to ensure the card works.  This usually takes a few days but sometimes you can ask your bank to release it if it doesn't.

As far as changing your payment method on file, log into your swtor.com account, click on Subscription and then in the middle below the different payment options should be a link that says "Change Billing Method".  This will take you to manage your account.  Here it will show your current credit card.  You should be able to click the "Edit" link to make changes, click the X to delete it or add a new credit card and then delete the old one.

Then any new subscription charges should use the new card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem after my old card expired

I tried to add a recurring method but everything ended up with the same error

And following the advice here - no way I could edit any billing info as there was simply no option in menu to do so

The only win scenario was to make a one time purchase for 60 days

For some cosmic reason it proced

Now I gonna cross my fingers to get a recurring sub option after 60 days elapse

Hope it gonna help you guys

:-)

Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)