Subscription Fails

by SizmicReaper

Original Post

Re: The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time.

★★★★ Novice

@ariagmail Yeah I contacted Swtor Customer Support via phone as listed on Ea help page.

As I live in Australia this was not an ideal process due to Cost and Time zone.

I explained to them the situation affecting myself and many others in various Ea,swtor forum,Reddit threads.

I finally was able to access the subscription screen and add/change payment method but still have experienced a problem with PayPal payment not going through on the swtor end of things. I have paid using a credit card,which was successful, but the PayPal payment went through on my bank and PayPal accounts but does not appear on my Ea/swtor billing history.

So I have been charged twice ,once via PayPal which Swtor denies they received on thier end,and once via Credit card each with different invoice numbers.

All I can assume,as agreed with by the PayPal representative ,is that thier are problems with Ea/swtor billing all of which have existed ,ongoing  off and on,for many years.

The amount of hassle it has caused and Time taken to sort this mess out I feel the next time it may happen I will cease supporting the game. 

I now have had to open a dispute through PayPal which is not desirable. I would suggest each case is different but I know many players are still having trouble subbing/purchasing CC.

Wish I had better news.

Message 31 of 44 (1,827 Views)

Re: Subscription Fails

★ Novice

Hello, my friend with account name Jandis-Avatar has the same problem, cannot pay subscription fee, getting message about high traffic. Could you please check it out and get back to us? We`ve tried different browsers, different laptops, on different times but nothing worked.

Thank you

Message 32 of 44 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this happen to me, nothing previously noted is working. Account name is holymcfoley. I played the beta and only a little bit of the retail game and have not played since. 

Message 33 of 44 (925 Views)

@2481632rain 

Your linked EA account with the persona pejral and uses the same email as on your swtor account is presently banned

you will need to contact EA via help.ea.com and see if that account can be unbanned , that is the only way to enable purchasing on that swtor account again

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 34 of 44 (911 Views)

@holymcfoley 

You need to reset the password on the linked EA account that has the persona holymcfoley57 that account uses a different email to that used on your swtor account and is a yahoo email 

use the following link to reset the password https://signin.ea.com/p/web2/resetPassword then login on that account to fix the swtor account for purchasing

after that best to use incognito mode on chrome or clear the browser cache and cookies 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 35 of 44 (909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue where I can't renew my subscription. I JUST NOW got an EA account to see if I could fix this, I've tried three different browsers to get around it,, and as far as I know I've done nothing wrong to get a ban from renewing said subscription.

Account Name: MechaKaiserOmega

Message 36 of 44 (760 Views)

@KaiserBrave 

support says your account looks fine, try using incognito mode on chrome or clear the browser cache and cookies 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 37 of 44 (747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked. Thanks.

Message 38 of 44 (741 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this as well. I can't subscribe. I can't use game time cards. I have changed my passwords, tried different browsers, etc. I can easily log in to both my EA and Origin and SWTOR accounts, but I can't update my payment info or re-subscribe at ALL. I keep getting either "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later." or a message that says the website is down for maintenance. 

My email is the same for both SWTOR and my EA account. I've changed both passwords several times already. I cleared cache, I tried my phone, two different browsers, my computer, my bf's computer... nothing is working. 

I've been an Origin member since 2011, I've never had any issues with delinquency or getting banned. I've never received any messages about a lock on my account. I tried e-mailing support and have received no answer. This is very frustrating. 
Message 39 of 44 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]

@taureilor 

i have flagged the swtor account Taureilor for feedback when support come online

the email being the same on the swtor and ea account does not mean they are linked

if you have had another email on that swtor account then that can be the email on the linekd EA account

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 40 of 44 (630 Views)