Cartel coin part of store is down?

by sshanftw

Original Post

Re: Problems with Subscription

★★★★ Novice

Cannot even access Redeem a code page as it reverts to the same looped msg.I have been unable to sub for nearly two weeks.I called Swtor this morning and they say they're aware of the issue and are trying to solve it.

Message 11 of 44 (1,747 Views)

The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I am trying to enter a code on swtor.com and this text pops up "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later." I already called the number and the person told me it is a problem with my ea account itself I think he said it was suspended so I had to make one for this moment, and that I should get help from someone on ea.help and open an dispute for my account

Message 12 of 44 (1,771 Views)

Re: The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same happend to me.

My Swtor account was used with a diffrent hot-mail, I try to enter redeem code and get the message: 

"The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."

So I looked around and it seems to be an account problem, my old account on Ea could not login and i could not

gain the password back from the "forgot your password" because the password E-mail does not appear. (yes I have waited for the required time to pass).

So i went for a new account on EAs website and used my old hot-mail to see if it was deleted or something was wrong, it only said this hot-mail exsist (So my hot-mail linked that was linked to Swtor exsist!).

So I cant log in on it so took the following action: I switched E-mail from my Swtor.com and used a fresh G-mail (note I did not creat an EA account on my G-mail yet).

Then I created a EA-account on my same G-mail address and went to swtor to test again.

Same Error: 

"The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time. Please try again later."

Lastly I went to Swtor and created a completly diffrent account and went to Redeem code page and it worked i could come to the page to enter codes!

So this problem is account specific, So how do we fix this my current account cant redeem cartel coins/sub codes due the billing EA problem blocks it.

Does the EA account need to be linked to Swtor account for the error to be gone? Since right now my Gmail EA account is not yet linked to my Swtor it only uses the Same E-mail when i got to Ea-profile page to see games.

(btw i am f2p, can we call support?).

Message 13 of 44 (1,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ariagmail @Yeah I have the same issue and have now been unsubbed due to my card expiring and I could not enter a new payment. I keep get the same two messages  Maintence and EA billing unavailable etc etc.

I called Swtor support they say they are aware of the issue but from all I see forums this is an ongoing problem for years.

You still can call support even if not subbed.

Message 14 of 44 (1,708 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh sweet, in the support page it was assumed that if you are a Sub you can call and e-mail.

Now do we need to contact EA directly to link our accounts? i am guessing this is the Issue,

I moved my G-mail to my EA account (my real one) and it doesnt link. It says in the e-mail updater (from swtor)

that we updated your ea account to match swtor. When I check my EA acc its not linked. 

As someone else said it might be due to suspension or smthing like that since you can buy sub and enter codes from a new acc on swtor. 

Message 15 of 44 (1,662 Views)

Apparent Account Restriction

★★★ Newbie

apparently my account has a restriction on it. I contacted SWTOR support and they told me to contact EA. EA has no support number or email or anything to contact unless i'm a subscriber. 

The whole situation is BECAUSE I'm trying to subscribe. The guy on the phone told me to go on Origin and purchase a 14.99 pack so he could add it to my account. AFTERWARDS he said my account had a restriction on it and the code could not be added. I'm stumped. What do I do??

Message 16 of 44 (1,651 Views)

Cartel coin part of store is down?

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to buy more cartel coins on the store site all day yesterday and today, but when I click on the number of coins I want, it takes me to a page that says it is down for maintenance. Seriously?  For almost 2 days?  The rest of the site seems fine. Is anyone else having this problem?  How long is this supposed to be down? The weekend is my main playing time. :/  Thank you for your help. This is really aggravating.

Message 17 of 44 (1,643 Views)

Re: Cartel coin part of store is down?

★★★ Newbie

And I am not a newbie. I have been a sub for years. 

Message 18 of 44 (1,640 Views)

Re: Cartel coin part of store is down?

★★★★ Novice

@sshanftw yeah it is a known issue the support team said they would be posting with a update on the situation. Many people having the same problem with Sub etc and The maintenance screen pop up or Ea billing unavailable etc. Hopefully the fix is incoming.

Message 19 of 44 (1,625 Views)

The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time.

★★★ Newbie

I have had issues with reoccurring subscriptions for over a year so I just purchase game time cards through Walmart. I have had no problems in the past with code redemption until today. Enclosed is the response I got from the system upon attempting to enter a SDCC Cantina code. I then called (855)345-2186 and the CSR provided the enclosed Annotation 2019-07-21 114124.png. They informed me that it was not a SWTOR account issue but an EA account issue. Please inform me how I can correct what ever issue it is so I may continue enjoying the games that are connected to my EA account. SWTOR was originally purchase in 2012 on Origin another EA property.

Message 20 of 44 (1,617 Views)