Stutters in DXR

by groundedjet

Original Post

Re: Stutters in DXR

★ Guide

With 436.48 Nvidia driver, there seems to be improvement. There is a guaranteed stutter when you spawn in from map overview to first person view or during all the flags animation after spawning. The stutters seem to stop after the first stutter.

Message 41 of 51 (1,264 Views)

★ Guide

With 441.08 Nvidia driver and BFV Oct. 31 update, there is improvement with DXR stutters. Now it only stutters from map view to first person view. There seems no stutter after you are first person view.

Message 42 of 51 (1,211 Views)

★ Guide

With update 5.2 and Nvidia driver 441.41, there is stutters from map view to first person view. No stutters after that.

Message 43 of 51 (1,153 Views)

★ Guide

On 1/23/2020 with Nvidia 441.66 driver, there seems to be stutters in the transition from map view to first person view. There seems to be no stutters after that.

Message 44 of 51 (1,092 Views)

★ Guide

On 05/19/2020 with Nvidia 445.87 driver, there seems to be stutters in the transition from map view to first person view. No stutter after that. Ray tracing performance seems to be higher than before.

Message 45 of 51 (1,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I appreciate your persistence and dedication which is why I bothered to reply to this.

DICE/EA is done with BF5, they are moving on in terms of development. Not to mention, the DLSS implementation in BF5 is not even 2.0 standard and never will be  (because it requires significant rework of the engine most likely). Even nvidia is moving ahead with DLSS 3.0 on the turing successor.

So I guess long story short, there is almost no imaginable scenario where this issue will ever be resolved at any point, ever. You have a better chance of winning the lottery or being struck by lightning.

Message 46 of 51 (985 Views)

★★★ Novice

After all this time...We now have the answer. The hardware didn't exist yet, and no one wanted to admit it.

I just got my Strix 3080 and booted up BF5, set 4k res and enabled DLSS with ray tracing.

Hopped on a 64 player map, no stuttering or hitching and stable FPS.

Message 47 of 51 (865 Views)

★ Guide

On 11/21/2020 with nvidia 457.30 driver, the game stutters in the transition from map view to first person view. No stutter after that. Getting an expensive video card is not a solution for some.

Message 48 of 51 (777 Views)

★★ Novice

How did you manage to enable DLSS? mine is greyed out

Message 49 of 51 (742 Views)

★ Guide

You need to enable DX12.

Message 50 of 51 (722 Views)