Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stutters in DXR

by groundedjet

Original Post

Re: Stutters in DXR

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I did. And I'll bring back today my DX to 12 and test it. I let you know if it works
Message 31 of 43 (348 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic @Carbonic @ScubyFlying @CloneTrooperCT 

I did what Carbonic suggested with the lastest Windows and 431.60 Nvidia driver, and there is still stutter with DXR. There is a guaranteed stutter when I spawn in the map and it shows all the flags animation.

Message 32 of 43 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@groundedjet Well thanks for telling me this. Than I don't need to test it.
Yesterday I played BF5 with DXR and DX12 off and no stuttering. Even I have the windows10 1903 update and the last nvidea update.
Message 33 of 43 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@groundedjet wrote:

I did what Carbonic suggested with the lastest Windows and 431.60 Nvidia driver, and there is still stutter with DXR. There is a guaranteed stutter when I spawn in the map and it shows all the flags animation.

There will always be stuttering the first 0-30 seconds when you enter a server. Then it should go away for the most part.

@CloneTrooperCT 

1903 is not enough, I mentioned the build on purpose, it was an update that arrived recently to 1903 that fixed it for many people, not the 1903 update itself.

All this being said though, I don't really recommend playing with DXR on. It takes too many FPS away for a fast phased shooter.

Message 34 of 43 (317 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think 'don't use DXR' is a great answer especially with such big companies involved in this but it does appear to be the only answer.

Message 35 of 43 (282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

winver 18362.295 (closest I could get to what was posted). Still happens.

Freshly launching the game, of course yes it stutters when you join the map. But even after playing that same map for 5+ minutes, I will respawn and another stutter. Now I can play more to get a better feel for how much it may have been 'improved' since the last time I tested, but it is certainly not gone.

Message 36 of 43 (263 Views)

Community Manager

Just a quick heads up!

Nvidia dropped a new driver today which should help performance for BFV.

Nvidia Gamescom Driver Announcement

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/gamescom-2019-game-ready-driver/

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 37 of 43 (238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I did hear about that. I am running the nvidia 436.02 (2080 Ti here) driver and I am on windows 10 1903 build 18362.295 

I played 3 conquest matches and a few minutes of rotterdam. FPS seems better but rotterdam and DXR for sure dip to low 60s and in some cases even 50s on 2560x1440 .

I tried to play a few different matches and honestly I think it may have resolved something. I don't want to be premature until I spend a few more hours playing but so far it hasn't seemed to stutter yet.

Message 38 of 43 (224 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Syranetic @EA_Blueberry 

Using the Nvidia 436.02 driver, there is still random stutters.

Message 39 of 43 (204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is still stutters with update 4.6. There is a guaranteed stutter during spawn and all the flags animation. Another follows that. I think it stops after the second stutter on Rotterdam. Changing to another map, Narvik, there is a stutter during the spawn animation from overview map to first person view. I used the Nvidia 436.02 driver.

Message 40 of 43 (149 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help