Stuttering

by ComplexIvano

Original Post

Re: Stuttering

★★★★★ Novice

Tried DDu and no result, maybe a little worse.

Message 11 of 24 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ComplexIvano This is how I do my video card removal and installs no need for 3rd party programs and its a clean install. Give this way a try..... 

Edit I just did this last night as I put in a new video card 1080Ti ROG Strix and I game on three BenQ 144hz 1ms 27in screens so my resolution in BF1  is 5760 X 1080 and all the settings I gave you are what I did and my fps are 140-190 with custom in game video settings all med and 2 on ultra under growth quality and texture quality. I am still playing with my in game video setting to see what pulls out the best FPS but BF1 is a hog lol. I am on win8.1 so I am not on direct x 12 yet as win10 is not stable enough for me just yet.

Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and for AMD cards only check off display driver and catalyst control center. As well as check off CLEAN install

Start by downloading your graphic card drivers from here,

AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
NVidia; http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Download the one you have and save it on desktop, you are going to need it!

It is very normal for windows to install a video card driver on you this is why you must pick advanced then clean install when you get to the part to install the new video card driver. See part 2 step 2

1- press windows button,NOTE>>> Or just go to device manger and skip to step 5

2- right click my computer,

3- press property’s, you will get a new window here.

4- in the new window click device manger on your left side of the screen, you will get another new window here,

5- you will see in the latest window a list of devices you have in your computer, click on the arrow beside Display driver and a small fall down menu will show you what kind of graphic card you have.

6- left click on your (graphic card name) so it’s highlighted in blue,

7- right click (graphic card name) and press property’s, you will get a new small window here,

8- in the new small window click on Drivers, you will see the name between the tabs,

9- in the driver menu click on uninstall, you will now get a really small window that ask you if you’re really sure that you want to uninstall you’re graphic card drivers,

10- click ok, Reboot PC

Part 2.....

1- after you have started up/ rebooted your computer click on your graphic card install file,

2- follow the instructions of your graphic card installer, Pick Custom / Advanced and only check off for Nvidia 1- Graphics Driver and PhysX System as well as check off clean install

2- for AMD card only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install

3- when you have Installed your new graphic card drivers restart / Reboot your computer.

4- you’re done. Test BF1

EDIT Do all this again ....

Nvidia BF1 settings ....

First step open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next go to Manage 3D settings, Program settings tab and add BF1

Once BF1 is added in Program settings tab make sure in Adjust image settings with preview is still set it to performance

In game video settings right side set to custom and set everything to low for testing but turn off ....

1-antialiasing post off
2-ambient occlusion off

Also make sure GPU memory restriction is OFF

Message 12 of 24 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Done still nothing, one thing I noticed the fps is not stable even during videos and that is the strangest thing of all since they are the ususal pre rendere video that even media player can play without problems.

Message 13 of 24 (483 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ComplexIvano

There was an issue with Ryzen 7 some months ago with DDR4 (im guessing you do have DDR4).

I do not know if its still active or if they have fixed it with updates since then.

Are all your other drivers up to date (motherboard, sound, network)?

Meanwhile try to disable Windows 10 game mode and Xbox Game DVR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/72qf29/r7_1700r7_1800x_severe_fps_dropsstuttering_in/

Hope it helps.

Message 14 of 24 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah It's a DDR4, alld rivers are up to date checked two days ago on the msi site (the motherboard producer) the only driver i don't get from them are the Realtek driver I take from their site since they are more updated then msi one (the onboard lan is realtek ofc).

Message 15 of 24 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Checked the driver for the chipset from the amd site and updeted them wish me luck.

Message 16 of 24 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

the problem is still here, and at this point I don't hope in a bugfix anymore.

Message 17 of 24 (445 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ComplexIvano It could well be a win10 issue as I know a few people with issues since the last windows update and if this is the case nothing can be done until next update. Not sure if this can help but it sure cant hurt to try and that is a windows scan see below....

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows.

NOTE: Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

This works in all windows O/S vista Win7, Win8 , Win8.1 and win 10 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

sfc /scannow, ever hear of it if not your going to love this, it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them / try to fix them. This little tool as well as the event viewer on a PC saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved me many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :womanvery-happy:

-For win7 go to start/ bottom left screen / windows globe .. Right click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as administrator.
-For win 8.1 right mouse click start bottom left of screen / windows box and pick command prompt administrator.

1-Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like Origin, Steam etc.

2-Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3-This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4-After its done REBOOT PC and Run sfc /scannow again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5-So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop. If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6-If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

NOTE-If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 or win10 then you can run the next few command lines in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ Note: After you run each command line Reboot PC.

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8 & windows 8.1 and win 10

Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-This command line will scan the health of your PC:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

2-This command line will restore the health of your PC and you don't lose anything on your PC :
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you get errors with the two command lines above and it cant be fixed with second command line and if you are on windows 8.1. Then use third command line but be warned it could take up to two hrs to fix your PC but it will save you a format. I had a friend test this on a PC with errors when it could not be fixed with second command line. :womanvery-happy:

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8.1 and win 10

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line:

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

2-If you get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line. After you reboot your PC then run third command line to be sure your windows is fully stable.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Message 18 of 24 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No errors, all the scan returned no errors.

Message 19 of 24 (385 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @ComplexIvano 

Random thought I had reading on what you have done. Do you have another monitor or HDMI cable you can try with? 

/Atic 

Message 20 of 24 (347 Views)