Original Post

Highlighted

Stuttering, leg, and memory leaks

★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Stuttering, Lag, Audio Lag, and memory leaks causing worse stuttering after an hour or more of playing.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. http://imgur.com/a/YoxWA
What company provides your internet service? Comcast
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game for any length of time seems to make it happen.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Geforce GTX 980ti
Please enter memory size in GB. GPU: 4GB RAM: 8GB DDR3

I believe my computer more than meets the requirements for the game but even after lowering settings I am still experiencing stutters and even crashes. My PC temps are completely stable, drivers are updated, and I am not using any sort of background processes aside from Origin itself. 

Message 1 of 5 (814 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Stuttering, leg, and memory leaks

★★ Apprentice

bumping for visibility

Message 2 of 5 (738 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Yea.

I can confirm this. After a while (hour +) the game starts to slow down and stutters. Only exiting and getting back in removes the problem.

Message 3 of 5 (722 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Doesn't seem to have been fixed yet sadly. It's kinda funny that every Bioware game to come out after DA:O has had memory leaks upon launch. Da2's were fixed, DAI's were fixed and ME3's were fixed but DAO and ME2 never got fixes. XD 

Message 4 of 5 (697 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I've ran some tests with a 8GB paging file, and it seems to saturate it almost instantly when loading a single player game, no matter the graphic options. Having the pagefile in the SSD doesn't cause much problems, but having it in the HDD makes the game stutter a lot when you first load in, and gets heavier the more planets you travel.

Message 5 of 5 (625 Views)
Twitter Stream